Salary $65,217.00 – $81,522.00 Annually
Location MISSOURI CITY, TX
Job Type Full Time
Department TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION
Job Number 1152019
Closing date and time Continuous
- This is a mid-level, professional staff, full-time position in the City’s Information Technology Department. The individual in this position is responsible for administering and managing assigned Network Components, as directed by the Director of Technology & Innovation or his designee. This may include WAN, LAN, Wireless WAN and Telephony systems.
- Examples of Work
- Provide network support and maintain the intended use of IT Services and infrastructure.
- Administer and manage all Network Components by applying technological information obtained through training, experience and reference materials.
- Administer and manage the City’s Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony system, mobile devices, cell phones, pagers, facsimile lines, and networked copiers/printers.
- Configure Cisco Callmanager, Cisco Unity, Cisco UCCX , Cisco ASA, Cisco ACS , LogMeIn
- Central, Zscaler Cloud Proxy, Cisco WLAN Controller, Cisco MDS, Cisco Catalyst switches, HP Procurve switches, and Cisco routers.
- Familiarity with Server and VMware infrastructure including but not limited to vSphere, vCenter, and VMware View; able to configure virtual networking within the VMware cluster as well as iSCSI and fabric connectivity to the EMC Cx4 SAN.
- Function as a lead worker performing essentially the same work as those directed and oversee work quality, training, instruction and work scheduling.
- Develop and/or implement recommendations regarding policy, develop customer satisfaction, develop cooperative associations and utilize resources to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Subject to 24 hour recall.
- Education, Experience, or Certification
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university, technical, business, vocational or correspondence school in information systems, computer science or a closely related field and a minimum of three years relevant professional experience are required.
CCVP, CCNP, CCNA, A+ and MCSE certifications desired.
- Supplemental Information
- The City of Missouri City compensates employees according to a salary schedule that enables movement through a market based salary range. Generally, a new employee’s salary begins at or near the beginning of the range.
|Job Category||Information Technology|