Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Handles most activities associated with the recording of revenue from the sales of oil and gas production.
- Prepares federal and state royalty and tax reports and makes related general ledger (G/L) entries to record/clear payments.
- Prepares accounts receivable reconciliation report and resolves outstanding balances for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Prepares general ledger (G/L) account reconciliation report and reconciles and clears balances for assigned accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepares gas balancing statements and pipeline reconciliation reports.
- Applies cash by property and purchaser on a monthly basis.
- Prepares invoices for royalties and taxes paid for partners on a monthly basis.
- Prepares sales variance analysis and explains major sales fluctuations for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains employee confidence and protects company assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs special projects that require knowledge of oil and gas revenue accounting.
- Mentors other revenue accountants.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Six (6) years minimum experience in oil and gas revenue accounting.
- Ability to solve problems accurately and exhibit exceptional proficiency in data management, including spreadsheet proficiency.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex operational information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
Preferred: Working knowledge of oil and gas accounting systems and report writing software (Monarch Print Utility).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in accounting.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Admin & Clerical, Business Administration, Data Management, Industrial|