Provides technical guidance and expertise in the performance of systems maintenance and implementation tasks. Installs and maintains all company standard server hardware and operating systems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manages and supervises administration of Windows/Linux servers that are used for file and print sharing, e-mail, data base management, web services, and application servers.
- Manages and support AWS infrastructure with strong knowledge of EC2, S3, VPC setups and CloudFormation.
- Manages troubleshooting function to solve problems with system server hardware and software at desktop and server level.
- Optimize AWS EC2 instances by scaling up and down systems, schedule shutdowns and automatically upscale when needed.
- Strong knowledge AWS RDS, CloudWatch, Route53 and Lambda.
- Assists IT management in developing short and long-range plans of computing resources both on premises and cloud.
- Strong security knowledge for on premises and cloud.
- Assists with evaluation of new computing technologies for company.
- Assists with coordination and/or providing training to staff in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Executes capacity and performance monitoring and reporting as established and required by IT management.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains employee confidence and protects corporate assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Five (5) years minimum information systems experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry, with a special emphasis on Server Administration.
- Working knowledge of information technology, modern electronic data processing theory, and network applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Server and Personal Computer (PC) based hardware and software, including network operating systems, desktop operating system, and general office applications.
- Extensive knowledge in cloud infrastructure special focus on AWS and Azure. Office 365 product knowledge is required.
- Exceptional ability in diagnosing and solving computer related problems while maintaining patience, professionalism, and courtesy.
- Ability to maintain efficient and effective automated systems; develop simple software programs; and assist in troubleshooting PC systems when needed.
- Considerable knowledge client/server network protocols and Internet/Intranet applications.
- Ability to solve problems accurately and exceptional proficiency in data management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex computer/information system’s information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Outstanding management, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: Microsoft Office 365, Windows Servers, SQL, and Exchange Online, AWS EC2, AppStream, WorkSpaces. All above at currently deployed or considered levels and releases. Strong knowledge on VMWare vCenter/ESX infrastructure.
- Preferred: Strong working knowledge of oil and gas industry applications. PowerShell scripting proficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in information technology, management information services, computer science, or a closely related field.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Preferred: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSE), AWS Certified Solutions Architect and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
|Job Category||Admin & Clerical, Business Administration, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Network Administration|