Responsible for handling all functions related to the monthly JIB process for the company’s Non-Operated properties, while ensuring compliance with proper oil and gas accounting procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Processes inbound Non-Operated JIB invoices for payment.
- Uses EnergyLink to assist in coding of JIB invoices, cross referencing Properties and AFE numbers.
- Monitors and scans for errors of all incoming Joint Interest Billings received on EnergyLink.
- Analyzes and validates accuracy of monthly JIBs, as per joint operating agreements.
- Monitors accurate payment of all invoices, including cash calls.
- Set up and approve Non-Operated AFE’s.
- Prepare monthly Non-Operated LOE accruals.
- Analyze monthly Non-Operated LOE variances compared to prior month and complete monthly analysis for operations and financial analyst.
- Coordinates with the other departments as needed to resolve any data or billing integrity issues or to clarify/interpret information or agreement terms.
- Creates and maintains Non-Operated payouts.
- Investigates or escalates any discrepancies and ensures thorough follow up and resolution with partners.
- Ensures compliance with all governing documents including accounting standards, joint interest agreements and COPAS.
- Adopts a continuous improvement approach aimed at enhancing processes, identifying improvements/efficiencies.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards, and is punctual to work and meetings.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Performs special projects that require knowledge of oil and gas operational accounting.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations, including intellectual properties, by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Four (4) years minimum experience in oil and gas operations accounting.
- Ability to accurately solve problems and exceptional proficiency in data management including spreadsheet proficiency.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex operational information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook). Working knowledge of oil and gas accounting systems.
- Preferred: Specific knowledge and experience with Enertia or SAP.
- Preferred: Knowledge of EnergyLink (Formerly JIBLink).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college, or related experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Admin & Clerical, Business Administration, Industrial, Management|