Date Posted: Fri, 08 Jan 2021
Position: 2020-2021 Campus Internship – Supply Chain
Schedule: Full time
Job Number: R2008825
Country: United States of America
City: Midland (MI, USA)
- Freeport (TX, USA)
- Houston (TX, USA)
Dow’s Supply Chain Intern Program has full-time summer 2021 internship opportunities available for individuals currently in a university course of study to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Logistics / Transportation, Supply Chain Management, Engineering (operational/industrial, applied, mechanical, packaging and chemical) or Business Administration with a related concentration and interest in a career within the Supply Chain function. Our Intern Program is for individuals who are interested in developing their career within a large global company. Dow’s Corporate Headquarters in Midland, Michigan is home-base for the Intern Program. Some intern assignments may be available at our other major sites, such as Freeport and Houston, TX
Areas available for Internship Projects include:
- Assess and/or model material and information flows across the supply chain at tactical and/or strategic levels.
- Identify and evaluate related trade-offs involving inventory levels, conversion costs, logistics costs, asset utilization, productivity and customer service.
- Help to design, optimize and leverage supply chain infrastructure.
- Work with a Supply Chain Leader to help facilitate strategy development and direction related to technology implementation, capital investment, postponement, and supply chain sourcing options.
- Help to identify best practices and improvements (e.g., systems, work processes, tools, hardware).
- Work with a Supply Chain Leader to help lead, manage and integrate complex cross-functional, inter-business, multi-area projects and relationships, and achieve desired results.
- Help to develop innovative solutions, approaches, methodologies and service offerings that address both present and future business requirements.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Logistics/Transportation, Supply Chain Management, Engineering (operational/industrial, applied, mechanical, packaging and chemical), or Business Administration with a related concentration and interest in a career within the Supply Chain function.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.700 on a 4.000 scale at current university, but seeking cumulative GPA of 3.000 or above.
A minimum requirement for this U.S. – based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or qualifying Asylee / Refugee).
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 109 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 36,500 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $43 billion in 2019. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.
|Job Category||Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering, Industrial, Logistics, Management, Mechanical, Supply Chain, Traffic/Transportation|