- 05-Jun-2020 to 2020-07-04 (CST)
- Freedom Place
- Houston, TX, USA
- $13 – $15
- Full Time
Making a difference!
Freedom Place, the only accredited domestic sex trafficking recovery program in the nation, aids in the recovery process of girls 9-18 who have been victims of commercial sexual exploitation. This is a residential program with a structured, home-like environment where females between the ages of 9 and 18 receive therapy, treatment planning, psychiatric and psychological services and accredited academic instruction. This position is 9:00pm to 7:00am.
Based on the special needs of the children served, only female candidates will be considered for this position.
As a Residential Counselor you will:
- Provide direct supervision to residents, accompanying them to on and off campus activities
- Be a part of a team that offers adolescents a safe place to live, bringing positive and progressive changes to the girls’ behavior and outlook
- Play a vital role in the assessment and treatment of the residents in support of her treatment plan, helping each girl to heal from the past and begin a hopeful future
- High school diploma/GED; bachelor’s preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience working with children and families, preferably in the child welfare industry
- Must be 21 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license
- Must successfully pass background screenings required by the state as well as submit and pass pre-employment and random drug testing
- Interpersonal skills to remain calm, supportive and professional but maintain a firm approach with the residents
- Work requires physical preparedness and the ability to assist in physical interventions and restraints
- Must be flexible with scheduling and weekends
Arrow Child & Family Ministries is a Christian provider of child welfare and education services for abused and neglected children and families in crisis. Through the engagement of both government and the local church, Arrow provides an array of services including foster care, adoption, residential care and treatment, child sex trafficking rehabilitation, and special education. All programs and services advance the well-being of children, families and communities while promoting responsibility and a commitment to strengthen family life.
Arrow Child & Family Ministries seeks a workforce of talented and committed professionals who wish to combine their passion to serve with our mission of helping kids and strengthening families. If you have a heart for service and want to be part of a growing organization dedicated to helping kids and strengthening families, consider joining the Arrow family. We’ll help you fulfill your goals while you help us fulfill our mission.
Arrow is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Arrow believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Arrow employs a zero-tolerance policy of abuse for the safety and security of our employees and those we serve.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Child Care, Hospitality, Household, Professional Care|