TAS Energy Inc. has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant with 3 to 5 years of previous experience. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity and apply today!
The Staff Accountant assists the accounting department by providing general support in the Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Financial Reporting.
- Maintains account reconciliations for balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Reconciles expense reports inputs against credit card activity.
- Reconciles contract labor hour and rate inputs and prepares vendor invoicing
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing/shop type of environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Position is at least 80% to 95% at a desk working with computer. Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Performs other physical activities including use of fingers, sitting, stooping, bending, crouching, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal and conduct extensive reading. The incumbent will be subject to inside environmental conditions.
Join a team driven to excel in all that we do! When you join TAS, you join a Houston-headquartered private company with a solid reputation built on outstanding value, integrity and customer focus. We offer our customers and employees the best of both worlds: a small company feel with the resources, talent, process and international reach of a large company.
TAS delivers innovative packaged modular systems that are engineered and manufactured in one of our Houston, TX facilities and utilized in data centers, power and commercial/industrial utility system applications. TAS has successfully delivered and commissioned over 520 packages to over 33 countries. The company is headquartered in Houston, TX and has three ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facilities in Houston, encompassing 600,000 sq. feet with close proximity to major shipping ports and interstate highways. TAS manages all logistics and transportation facilitating accelerated construction at customer’s facilities.
TAS’ fastest growing business is the data center market. By applying deep expertise in cooling, thermodynamics and power, TAS has developed an entire product line that revolutionizes data center delivery. TAS was selected as one of the 20 Most Promising Energy Technology Solution Providers 2016 & 2017 by CIO Review.
With our tremendous market potential, advanced technological systems, entrepreneurial culture as well as a talented and productive workforce, we continue to set and exceed aggressive market penetration and financial goals. More information is available at the company website at: www.tas.com.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TAS has implemented a non-smoking hiring policy effective January 1, 2012 under which Individuals considered for employment will need to pass a drug test which includes a nicotine panel.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Applications and resumes will be kept on file for a limited time and that the Company is under no duty or obligation to contact applicants if they are not selected for the job applied for or if other jobs become available in the future. Applicants that desire to apply for a job that becomes available at the Company in the future, should submit a new employment application or resume.
TAS Energy Inc. guarantees equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Admin & Clerical, Business Administration, Industrial, Manufacturing|