Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries.With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses:Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform.ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020.ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
ABB is seeking a Account Manager for its Houston,Texas location.This role is responsible to develop, implement and manage the strategic/local account(s) strategy focused on share of wallet growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. Coordinate the sales activities and manage resolution of specific customer problems.
- Strategy:Understands the key business drivers of the relevant customer’s business and business environment and interprets the impact and opportunity for ABB. Participates in the development of sales strategies for the account by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.Leads the development and implementation of the account plan and SoW growth actions.
- Targets:Defines and proposes sales targets for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow up process across Divisions and Countries.Sells products/solutions/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets representing all ABB.
- Marketing:Creates added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach (e.g., frame agreements, AVL related actions).
- Market Knowledge:Monitors competitors’ activity with the account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.Gives input on market price developments.
- Processes and tools:Drives application of standardized Marketing & Sales processes and tools (Salesforce, account plans, AVLs etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 2-5 years of experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
|Job Category||Business Administration, Sales & Marketing|