- Position Description
- This is an intermediate level programmer position that supports the Harris County Justice agencies. Under general supervision, the Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Occasionally provides guidance to less experienced analysts and/or programmers.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains those programs.
- Works on all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Develops, codes, test, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software customers.
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements from customers.
- May assist in development of software user manuals.
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting complex software problems and provide solutions to overcome those problems with the latest technologies.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Performs product design and development work for medium to highly complex assignments.
- Acts as a liaison between customers, in order to assist in the implementation of program changes, updates, corrections and other system fixes.
- Works on multiple projects as a team member.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email
- High school diploma or GED. AND three (3) years of experience coding in .NET environment with emphasis on C#, .Net Framework, Entity Framework and SQL.
- Strong data analysis, object oriented and domain design and development experience.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application systems analysis and programming activities.
- Strong conceptualization, analytical, and logic skills.
- Strong release planning and management skills.
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application’s employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.NOTE:
- Excellent problem solving, client facing expertise, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Good understanding of business application.
- Must excel at working with peers within a team environment.
- Must excel at identifying, analyzing and resolving issues or concerns in a timely fashion.
- Must enjoy working in an environment where the customer expectations drive high pressure and high visibility to the support role.
- Ability to lead multiple projects in as part of services and operational support team.
Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check that includes being fingerprinted. This applies to any position with network access to CJI (Criminal Justice Information) systems or access to an area where CJI is received, maintained or stored either manually or electronically (i.e. custodian, maintenance).
Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Felony.
Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Class A Misdemeanor.
Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for a Class B Misdemeanor if within the previous 10 years.
Open arrest for any criminal offense (Felony or Misdemeanor).
Family Violence conviction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other degree in technology or closely related field.
- Microsoft Certification is a plus.
- Experience developing web applications.
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Experience supporting customers in a production environment.
- Experience with large-scale enterprise applications.
- Experience in Application Development/Maintenance & Support.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows environments, MVC, JSON, Web services or Web APIs, Microsoft SQL Server, XML, SQL Reporting Services (multiple versions), Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, development and system administration, and HTML/CSS (Intranet/Internet architectures) .
- General Information
- Houston, TX
- Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- May be required to work more than forty hours during the workweek, or on weekends when special projects, or deadlines need to be met.
- On call 24 hours a day.
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
- Depends on Qualifications
- Based on 26-Pay Periods
- Harris County
- 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240Houston, Texas, 77002
|Job Category||Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Software Development|