*Internal opportunities open. Please contact us for internal reference*
Are you interested in joining our team? Chat with our digital assistant to learn more about our company and apply right from your mobile device!
Text ETP to 25000 to get started or apply through this web posting if you prefer.
Energy Transfer, a Fortune 50 organization, recognized by Forbes as one of America’s best large employers, is dedicated to responsibly and safely delivering America’s energy. We are driven to inspire our employees to create superior value for our customers, our investors, a sustainable future and giving back to the community where we have long-standing commitments to causes including MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital, The Salvation Army, American Heart Association, Ronald McDonald House and many more. Come join our award winning 10,000 strong organization as we fuel the world and each other!
This position comes with world class compensation, benefits, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and PTO.
Summary: Energy Transfer is looking for application developers to work on existing and new custom application development and Integration. Energy Transfer leverages various technologies in the support of line-of-business applications for our Interstate and Intrastate Natural Gas business users.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be willing to learn new IT and Business Skills regularly
- Be comfortable in a regularly changing environment for priorities and activities
- Collaborating with business users and IT to identify end-user requirements and specifications
- Designing and developing software systems using best practices
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Testing and deploying programs and applications
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software
- Participate in the on-call rotation which involves helping resolve issues when needed off of normal business hours
Education and/or experience, knowledge, skills & abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2+ years of relevant job experience
- General application development skills in any, but not necessarily all of the following areas:
- JAVA and/or Groovy or C# as an alternate
- Relational Database management systems, primarily SQL Server (T-SQL)
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 2-5 years of relevant job related experience
- The Senior Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- Natural Gas Pipeline or Energy Industry work experience is a plus
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Usually, normal office working conditions.
2. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
3. Occasional overnight travel may be required to other business locations within the company.
4. Work in person at an office during business hours.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Computer Science, Data Management, Document Control, Environmental, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Leadership, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control|