* indicates an internal reference can be offered on your behalf by a current employee. Please contact us.
Department: OMD Manufacturing Engineering
Job Code: OMDME1802
Manufacture Engineer design, program, simulate and test automated machinery and processes in order to complete exact tasks.
• Work with management and product design teams to formulate manufacturing processes for new products.
• Responsibilities include development of all the required software and hardware to validate the requirements of the unit under test and to improve throughput and yield. The software includes LabVIEW, SQL and PLC development
• Confer with planning and design staff to ensure efficient production methods
• Work with team to improve present manufacturing or production processes in order to improve productivity and quality
• Design experiments/test to isolate failures and to determine root causes on NPI products
• Interpret and communicate failure analysis data
• Interface with production line to understand the major failure modes of NPI products
• Communicate with development team to improve designs or test on NPI products
• Strong teamwork and communication skills to manage multiple/concurrent projects
• Works independently without close supervision. Must be able to take full responsibility
• Cross-functional Communications
Master’s degree or higher, in electrical engineering, optoelectronics, optical communications, information technology
• 1 or more years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong teamwork and communication skills to manage multiple/concurrent projects.
• Preferred but not limited for computer skills: LabView, Imaging Processing, PLC, or circuit design experience.
• Houston, TX
|Job Category||Design/Drafting, Engineering, Optoelectronics|