The Back End Software Engineer develops the back end of a web application, i.e. handling the logic, database interactions, user authentication, configuration, etc. The Developer evaluates emerging technologies and provides strategic innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule. The position reports to the Software Project Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side applications
- Collaborate with the front-end developers, customers, users, and product managers to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Builds prototypes, products and systems that meets the project quality standards and requirements.
- Provides technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders.
- Contributes to and supports re-use through common components that are well documented and tested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or related and with minimum 4 years working experience
- Experience with one or more Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with one or more backend programming languages– Java, Scala, Go, Python, C#, etc
- Understanding of micro services architecture with experience designing and implement RESTful services
- Knowledge of containers & container orchestration technologies – Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Knowledge of application networking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of security principles (Oauth2, JWT, OpenAPI)
- Experienced in application profiling, bottleneck analysis and performance tuning
- Knowledge and experience with version control tools such as Git
- Understand continuous integration and continuous delivery technologies such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Experience with test driven software development
- Experience with front end technologies – such as – is a plus
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Computer Science, Data Management, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Project Management, Quality Control, Software Development|