$18.03 – $22.54 Hourly $37,506.00 – $46,883.00 Annually
$37,506.00 – $46,883.00 Annually
MISSOURI CITY, TX
Closing date and time
10/2/2020 at 12:00 AM Central Time (US & Canada)
- This is a full-time (Administrative Support Workers) in the City’s Finance Department, Purchasing Division. An individual in this position will procure goods and services for use by the City. Reporting relationship: Purchasing and Risk Manager.
- Examples of Work
- Determines the most cost effective supplier for purchases; maintains compliance with relevant statutes;
- Assist / train employees in Munis;
- Maintain and uphold petty cash;
- Assist with the development and execution of the City’s Small Business Initiative;
- Assist the City Secretary with public information requests
- Develops and disseminates bid solicitations; makes recommendations for purchase; determines the best medium for purchasing; completes purchases;
- Develops, monitors and maintains contracts for purchases made; newly entered requisitions, and purchase orders;
- Assist and train users on requisition entry and PO receiving;
- Vendor maintenance;
- Assist the Accounting Division with yearend 1099’s;
- Execute changes requests to purchase orders and correct receiving records;
- Maintain and update the City’s growing small business and vendor database;
- Disperse mail for the Finance department;
- Maintain the City’s business accounts;
- Assist with managing the City’s purchasing card (PCard) program;
- Maintain electronic files, office supplies; office machines; assist with various programs; assist with the administration of mobile devices; and assist with auctions of City property;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Subject to 24-hour recall.
- Education, Experience, or Certification
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate and two (2) years of procurement experience with a governmental entity required.
- Supplemental Information
- The Department of Human Resources & Organizational Development may consider an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
|Job Category||Business Administration, Finance, Procurement|