A software engineering firm is looking for an experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO). The CTO is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company. The CTO will work with Executive Management to grow the company through the use of technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, the CTO will direct all employees to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
- Establish the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Directs the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production, and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission, and values.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading-edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Oversee software development team.
Education and Experience
- BS in the related field and at least 15 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 10 years management and strategic experience in this field or MBA/MS in related field with 10 years’ experience, 7 of which must be managerial and strategic.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Experienced software developer who can lead a team with a hands on approach.