Job Title: Church Accountant
Report To: Church Administrator and Treasurer (Deacon)
Position Status: Full‐Time Regular – Non‐Exempt
The Church Accountant is to ensure that the Church financial operations comply with the regulatory
requirements of the State/Federal government and the Church’s internal financial policies.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Work under the direct supervision of the Church Administrator and accountable to the Church
Treasurer, to support the daily church financial operation including but not limited to the following:
- Ensure that church financial operations comply with the regulatory requirements of the State/Federal government and the internal financial policies of the church.
- Perform all financial operations including
- generate weekly and monthly financial reports to include Profit &Loss Statement and Balance Sheets
- process contributions incomes, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, 1099
- yearly budget management, cash management, capital expenditure documentation
- support external financial audit
- process church expenses and all credit card expense
- Perform special duties as assigned by the Church Administrator
- Co-owner (with the Church Administrator and Treasurer) of all corporate records/reports, User ID/passwords, files, and banking access
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all financial transactions.
- Timely processing of accounts payable and to ensure their compliances to the church guidelines/procedures
- Coordinate with church ministries for the processing of cash disbursements & receipts (e.g., STM expenses, childcare payroll etc.)
Job Skills and Requirements
1. A minimum of an associate degree in accounting from an accredited educational institution.
2. At least two years of practical experience in accounting preferably in the non-profit organization.
3. Experience in fund‐based accounting and account reconciliation.
4. Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Access.
5. Proficient/experience in the QuickBooks accounting software.
6. Attention to detail in account reconciliation and report generation.
7. A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork, and support of church ministries.
8. A commitment to confidentiality regarding all accounting records including church, staff, and the church members.
9. A demonstrated Christian faith commitment.
10. Dependable attendance.
Pursue the Heart of God by making disciples locally and globally to reach all people for Jesus Christ.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Admin & Clerical, Auditing, Data Management, Finance, Information Technology, Literary/Writing skills, Management, Project Management|