Civil Engineer Project Manager
|Join The Team That’s Improving The Quality Of Life For 4.6 Million Residents.
Civil Engineer Project Manager
This position will provide assistance for assigned projects from inception to construction including feasibility studies, preliminary engineering design, and bidding phases; analyze critical paths and constraints, while providing technical support.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Demonstrates practical knowledge and understanding of various phases of engineering.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Performs responsible and varied engineering assignments requiring a general familiarity with a broad field of engineering and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines.
- Solves problems by use of combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures, or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Assistance is provided on unusual problems and work is reviewed for application of sound professional judgment.
- Broad exposure to different types of projects including some experience across different business lines.
- Provides guidance and input on work performed by Engineer in Training.
- Perform other duties that may be added or changed as the course and scope of the job directs.
Harris County offers a comprehensive, exceptional benefits package so that you can actualize your full potential. Our packages include medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement plan, paid time off (PTO), flexible spending accounts (FSAs), employee assistance program (EAP) and more.
For immediate consideration, please email resume to Candace Wrobel: Candace.Wrobel@hcfcd.hctx.net
Equal opportunity employer.
|Education & Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Civil Engineering or a similar curriculum.
- Requires experience that includes any combination of engineering planning, design, and construction management.
- Requires experience with Stormwater drainage design and construction, and the ability to read all types of maps and drawings, especially civil construction plans.
- Requires Professional Engineer Registration (State of Texas).
- Requires a valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge/understanding of construction standards, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks; work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong skills using project management tools and systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Project.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Professional (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), GIS software, and ArcMap.
- Effectively communicate with coworkers, general public, industry, and/or governmental representatives.
- Prefer the ability to use computer-assisted drafting software, specifically AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish, a plus.
About Harris County Flood Control District
The Harris County Flood Control District (the District) is a special purpose district created by the Texas Legislature in 1937 in response to devastating floods that struck the region in 1929 and 1935. The District’s jurisdictional boundaries are set to coincide with Harris County, a community of more than 4.5 million people (2015) that includes the City of Houston. The other boundaries in which we operate – those provided by nature – are of the 22 primary watersheds within Harris County’s 1,777 square miles.
|Job Category||Admin & Clerical, Design/Drafting, Engineering, Industrial, Project Management|
Users Today : 7
Total Users : 1441
Views Today : 13
Total views : 5118
Your IP Address : 18.104.22.168
Server Time : 2021-02-27
error: Content is protected !!