Schlumberger is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer to develop and maintain infrastructure to support PaaS, IaaS and CaaS applications. The engineer provides strategic innovative and cost-effective solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule. The position reports to the Cloud infrastructure manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with designers, developers and product owners for DevOps
- Applies usability procedures and principles as defined at a project or product-line levels or through customer input
- Contributes to and supports re-use through common components that are well documented and tested
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master degree in computer science, information systems, STEM or related.
- Technical skills – Must have
- Strong working experience in Python, Bash, Linux
- Experience with Node.js
- Knowledge of Restful architecture and use cases
- Knowledge of security principles (Oauth2, JWT, OpenAPI)
- Basic knowledge of application networking and troubleshooting
- Understand continuous integration and continuous delivery (Jenkins etc.)
- Technical skills – Nice to have
- Experience with Google cloud platform and developing applications hosted on GCP
- Knowledge of containerization technologies – Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of trade offs among PaaS, CaaS and IaaS cloud based solutions
- Basic knowledge of NoSQL database
- Has setup CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, VSTS or similar tools
- SDFC is part of the Schlumberger Digital organization. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
|Job Category||Analytical, Computer Science, Data Management, Engineering, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Network Administration, Quality Control, Software Development|