Cloud Software Engineer (Back End Software Engineer) for DSP
Houston, TX, US
The Cloud Software Engineer in the Data Science Platform (DSP) project is responsible for designing and implementing systems and services leveraging public clouds. Those services closely integrated with flagship 3rd party tools, will allow the capability of applications to build machine learning solutions and data analytics dashboards in the Cloud by using Cloud resources.
The Cloud Software Engineer evaluates emerging technologies and provides strategic, innovative, and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase the efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations. This person works semi-autonomously as part of a team that performs rapid prototyping of emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems. Strong understanding in security related to development and deployment is highly desirable.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based services and applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS
- Create robust production quality applications and develop prototypes quickly
- Ability to follow the general development practices and techniques such as unit testing, integration testing, security testing and code quality measurement
- Review, mentor and coach, while defining and promoting usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned
- Gathering insights from Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) to help drive technology and product development
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies. Works with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations.
- Author documentation, reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations for purposes of training and knowledge sharing purposes
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Master’s / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cloud technology
- Web Service: Implementation of backend services
- Cloud development experiences, most preferable on GCP, then Azure, AWS as last option.
- Familiarity with container or virtualization technologies, e.g Docker, K8S (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Databases such as SQL, NoSQL
- Experience with microservices architecture, development, deployment and testing
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Understanding of security concepts such as identity management, https certification, identity federation
- Knowledge of RESTful API design and asynchronous and concurrent systems
- Experience with Agile development practices
Schlumberger is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Management, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Project Management, Quality Control, Software Development|