The Cloud Software Engineer is responsible for developing the back end of a web and/or cloud application, handling the logic, database interactions, user authentication, configuration, etc. The Back End Software Engineer evaluates emerging technologies and provides strategic, innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase the efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations. This person works semi-autonomously as part of a team that performs rapid prototyping of emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems.
He/She reports to Software Project Manager, Software Program Manager, Engineering manager or Team Leader
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based services and applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS in open source environment
- Create robust production quality applications and develop prototypes quickly
- Author documentation, reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations for purposes of training and knowledge sharing purposes
- Ability to follow the general development practices and techniques such as unit testing, integration testing, security testing and code quality measurement
- Review, mentor and coach, while defining and promoting usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned
- Gathering insights from Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) to help drive technology and product development
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies
- Works with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s in science or engineering with software experience or education
- Minimum 4 years of experience in cloud technology
- Cloud development experiences on multiple cloud platforms, preferably GCP and Azure
- Familiarity with container or virtualization technologies, e.g, K8S (Kubernetes).
- Programming languages: Java and GO.
- Experience with microservices architecture, development, deployment and testing
- Understanding of security concepts such as identity management, https certification, identity federation
- Knowledge of RESTful API design and asynchronous and concurrent systems
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Experience with open source development tools and technologies
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
SDFC is part of the Schlumberger Digital organization. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
|Job Category||Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Network Administration|