Electrical Design and Test Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Job ID: ADV00047B
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Design and Test Engineer to join our team with JETS teammate company, Aerodyne Industries.
The Electrical Design and Test Engineer will:
- Provide support including sustaining and working with hardware and software in the areas of design, installation, testing and troubleshooting
- This includes creating hardware and software system design and installation drawings and procedures, troubleshooting with electrical test equipment (i.e. voltmeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.).
- Design unique tests fixtures and methods for advanced development test programs for the International Space Station, Orion, and Commercial Crew
- Provide support in the Energy Systems Test Area with electrical engineering design, test, and maintenance functions
- Maintain the high level of technical excellence for all tasks to ensure the highest quality of technical products including test setups, development setups, and documentation generation
- Perform other tasks assigned
Here’s What You’ll Need:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electrical Engineering field.
- Must have electrical design experience
- Must be familiar with electrical test equipment (i.e. voltmeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.).
- Must have experience troubleshooting systems as well as creating drawings and procedures for electrical systems
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience planning and establishing work priorities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with National Instruments data acquisition equipment and software (LabView) and Diadem
- Experience with CAD, instrumentation, data acquisition and controls
- Experience with FPGA and real time Data Acquisition and Control systems
- Exposure to environments such as thermal and vacuum systems
- Experience with other software packages such as CREO, MatLab, Altium, Igor, and Graphite
Why Join Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Engineering, Environmental, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Lab Management, Laboratory, Leadership, Management, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development|