Integrity Reliability Engineer
Posting End Date:
August 30, 2022
This is a non-union position
Are you ready to leverage your years of experience to help support safety decisions and assess the reliability of Enbridge systems? If so, this opportunity is for you! In this role you will perform and report on integrity reliability analysis using standard tools and techniques to support department goals and job accountabilities.
Here’s what you will do:
- Perform reliability analysis for Enbridge assets using existing tools (e.g. ERA, Python, MatLab, @Risk). This includes hands-on application of existing reliability models (e.g. Monte Carlo simulations, Bayesian Network, Fault Tree, Decision Tree) for integrity and non-integrity threats.
- Conduct more detailed investigations for lines/segments/features do not meet integrity reliability targets following existing processes.
- Address stakeholders’ requests including problem definition, data collection, application of standard assessment techniques, and communication of results. Support more senior team members for complex requests that exceed standard processes.
- Participate in the documentation and effective communication of methodology, results, limitations, etc. to internal and external stakeholders for standard assessments.
- Support continuous improvement of different assessment tools and techniques through:
- Researching relevant literature;
- Collecting relevant data for feasibility analysis and system-wide analysis; propose improvement ideas for better data accuracy and data quality;
- Assisting with the automation and improvement of existing models.
- Support the development and maintenance of processes, procedures, and work instructions.
- Support the generation of industry publications and technical reports.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from Integrity Reliability team members to support department objectives.
Who you are:
- You have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in civil/mechanical/industrial engineering (or equivalent) from a recognized university or college.
- 4+ years of engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced data analytics;
- Pipeline integrity related projects and programs;
- Reliability analysis including statistical analysis, results interpretation, system modelling, etc.; and/or
- Research-related projects requiring review of industry literature, interpretation of a variety data types, and generation of conclusions and recommendations based on findings.
- Registered or eligible to register as a professional engineer.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of statistical tools (e.g. Python or MATLAB) and large databases (e.g. PowerPivot or Power Query, Power PI).
- Critical thinking skills related both to technical engineering/reliability analysis and project management.
- The following are considered assets:
- Advanced degree in engineering (e.g., civil, mechanical) from a recognized university.
- Experience in leading risk-informed decision-making process under the challenge of uncertainty.
- Journal and conference publications related to probabilistic/quantitative risk and reliability analysis.
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) from American Society of Quality (ASQ).
- Office location; desk work using computers and software.
- Required to multitask and manage tight timelines with limited information in some instances.
- Minimal travel requirements (<5%
Physical Requirements include but are not limited to:
Grasping, kneeling, light – moderate lifting (objects up to 20 pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, typing, sitting, standing, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement and the ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge’s FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each option or combination of options. #LI-Hybrid #joinourteam
Mental Requirements (Both Field & Office) include but are not limited to:
Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.
Company paid international relocation is not offered for this role.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Engineering, Environmental, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Lab Management, Laboratory, Leadership, Management, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development|