CNC Machinist – Programmer
CNC Machinist – Programmer
Machine Shop · Sugar Land, Texas
A family-owned company in Sugar Land, Texas, Welker designs and manufactures innovative solutions for the oil and gas industry and beyond. With 65+ years of industry experience, ERP system, 3D CAD software, and on-site manual and computer-aided machines, we are a one-stop-shop for industry-leading products, turnkey solutions, and worldwide service.
If you’re looking to make a difference at a dynamic, forward-looking company, Welker might be the right fit for you.
About Our CNC Machinist – Programmer
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with strong multitasking skills and attention to detail. Programming is a priority, while operating CNC machines for production is as needed. Accuracy and precision are essential to success in this role. If you have a talent for efficiency and problem solving, this is the position for you!
- Program, set up, and run Mori Seiki 6-axis CNC Lathe and CNC Mill machines
- Edit and update existing CNC programming code
- Strategize and assist in developing manufacturing performance metrics, processes, and best practices
- Plan and implement necessary operations to machine raw materials
These are some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during your workday, but you may be called upon to fulfill other duties as needed.
- Communication: Interact with peers, team leads, and managers in a kind, positive, and professional manner, because good communication is essential for a successful day
- Technical Aptitude: Adept with interpreting machine drawings, routers, and BOMs; strong with mathematics and able to quickly adapt to the Welker ERP system
- Work Ethic: Production focused with a highly developed sense of urgency and prioritization; ability to handle multiple complex tasks within tight deadline parameters
- Attention to Detail: Make a conscious effort to focus on quality and safety; ensure specifications are met and use good judgment to determine workflow sequences
The Welker team is a diverse and motivated group. These key skills keep our Machine Shop running smoothly.
- Minimum one year experience in the use of G-code and CNC programming systems
- Experience with Esprit software and working on CNC Mills and Lathes with Y-axis, live tooling, and sub-spindle
- Comfortable with various materials including aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel, titanium, and nickel alloy
- Experience with automation, SolidWorks, and Esprit software is a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent; supplemented with technical courses in a related field preferred
Does this sound like you? Submit your application, and let’s talk!
This is a full-time position. Starting salary is determined by experience, education, and potential. Welker cares for our employees, so we offer competitive benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, AutoCAD, Business Administration, CNC Programming, Communication, Data Management, Design/Drafting, ERP, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Mechanical, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Quality Control|