- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Job ID
The Commercial Operations Analyst is responsible for commercial data analysis, trend analysis, forecasting, and reporting in support of commercial activities. The Operations Analyst will engage with the commercial team, management, and leadership to identify and implement enhancements to the CRM system and other commercial information systems and processes to improve data reporting, data integrity, and data analysis. The Commercial Operations Analyst is an integral team player who works collaboratively with others and who can also work independently, coordinate projects, and maintain communication with various stakeholders while working on multiple simultaneous projects. The Commercial Operations Analyst reports to the Commercial Services Manager.
Provides guidance for clerical staff.
A 4-year degree in business or statistics is preferred, but not required. Consideration will be given to otherwise qualified candidates with equivalent knowledge of sales data analysis and data visualization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Must have business acumen, analytical ability, strategic thinking, and solid project management abilities. Strong written and verbal communication and written and graphical presentation skills are imperative. Ability to organize and translate raw data into digestible, understandable reporting for a diverse audience is required. Ability to work as a team, either in a support role or as a project leader is required. Ability to translate objectives into a schedule and series of activities to meet data project requirements. Strong work ethic with superior organization and follow-through skills is required. Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn are required. Must have ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing or competing priorities and assignments. Experience with a CRM is a plus, preferably Zoho. Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and understanding of relational databases are required. Skilled use of data visualization tools, such as Tableau, is strongly preferred. Must be proficient other Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiarity with Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and in managing electronic files on a server is required.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary and competitive information and documents
- Conduct routine commercial data analysis such as sales pipeline health and variances, productivity analysis, cost of sales, trend analysis, leading indicators, and forecasting as required by management and leadership
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested in support of commercial activities
- Report executive summaries and commercial activity metrics to management and leadership on a specified basis
- Drive initiatives to gather and report commercial metrics through dashboards and reports
- Support the development, measurement, and reporting of key performance indicators for commercial activities to drive continuous improvement
- Serve as a Zoho CRM “super user” and first point of contact for questions about the system from various user groups and provide demonstration and instruction in its use upon request
- Serve as point of contact with Zoho representatives and other data services contractors
- Take initiative to identify challenges and opportunities involving systems, processes, and data, along with proposing solutions
- Monitor and maintain CRM records and work with the commercial team, management, and leadership to improve commercial data reporting and data integrity to ensure accurate forecasting and pipeline planning
- Actively participate in meetings, identifying action items and tracking outcomes
- Support a variety of commercial initiatives, such as capture activity, proposal activity, and client, customer, and market research and analysis
- Support Commercial Services Manager in the management, maintenance and continuous improvement of the commercial information process, including related assets and tools
- Perform data entry for various systems and tools as required
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of commercial efforts
- Actively pursue ongoing self-improvement and learning opportunities to expand industry and technical knowledge
Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills are imperative. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and financial literature. Ability to write and edit reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and to help others do likewise. As part of this collaborative effort, this role requires the presence of the individual working within a group setting, with regular interaction during meetings and one-on-one discussions with other individuals on the team.
Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference as well as the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Must be able to produce clear, concise charts and graphs from numerical data.
This role may occasionally require participation in a field trip to operating plants or construction sites. This requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance. Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required. It also requires clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. On occasion, may require participation in a field trip to operating plants or construction sites with potential exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals, and airborne particles. Occasional travel may be required.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Customer Service, Data Management, Document Control, Hospitality, Literary/Writing skills, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Media Relations, Office Assistance, Project Management, Public Relations, Sales & Marketing|