Abernathy, TX, US, 79311
As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and proactively about your career choices. Our work environment is dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer variety and challenge. Providing career growth to our own employees is critical to our ongoing success–take charge of your career goals and empower your future!
Responsible for ongoing day-to-day duties designed to aggressively monitor, identify and address any violations of applicable laws and regulations for Antelope Elk Energy Center, Mustang Station, and Panhandle Wind Ranch. Duties include appropriate investigation of ethics and compliance matters; encouraging reporting of violations of ethics, policy and law; overseeing timely resolution of relevant issues; auditing and reporting; and serving as the contact for government agencies.
Works under limited supervision in a team environment. Supervises contractors as needed. Interacts with all level of employees through senior management as well as outside business partners such as vendors, suppliers and contractors.
- Completes regulatory agency forms as needed to meet requirements for plant operation.
- Provide technical support to ensure regulatory compliance and coordination with fleet wide strategy.
- Monitors and analyzes applicable laws and regulations and resulting regulatory requirements to draft and revise policies and procedures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations, working both independently and in collaboration with subject matter experts and internal functions.
- Routes compliance documents for review and approval to appropriate parties as directed.
- Maintains the storage and organization of documentation and evidence required to demonstrate compliance and ensure that the retention of all documentation meets regulatory requirements.
- Provides answers to employee questions about company policies, procedures and standards and escalating to Compliance management and other functional areas as needed.
- Ensures all internal and external customers’ regulatory and compliance requests are answered in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Provides consistent and proactive awareness of required changes to the internal compliance policies, procedures and guidelines based on changes in any applicable laws, regulations, rules, reliability standards, etc. and industry in general.
- Assists in conducting regulatory and compliance orientation for new employees.
- Develops and coordinates NERC-related awareness and training programs;
- Coordinates periodic review of NERC-related policy and procedure documents by SMEs;
- Performs initial investigations and proactively reports compliance issues/concerns to appropriate leadership
- Proactively coordinates feedback-gathering and facilitates site responses to the FERC, NERC, and the Regional Entities regarding national and regional standards under development, and proposed rules, standards and revisions.
- Position requires administration and oversight for all NERC, FERC and regulatory requirements (including signatory in some cases).
- Leads the implementation of mitigation plans for areas of non-compliance of any applicable laws, regulations, rules, reliability standards, etc.
- Project lead on site level activities which includes generating, developing and executing projects.
- Perform as a Project Manager of capital projects.
- Support developing elements of the annual operations and maintenance budget.
- Support the establishment and enforcement of safe working conditions and practice safe work habits in all activities.
- Complies with the Facility Environmental, Health and Safety programs.
- Adheres to company policies and promotes company mission statement.
- Active participation and support of the facilities.
- Professionalism in all activities.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Available for travel as needed.
- Participates in corporate safety and environmental programs.
- Be available for unscheduled overtime outside normal hours for emergency call in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science.
- A minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in Power or Industrial facilities performing operations, maintenance and regulatory work.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with NERC Regulatory Requirements is preferred
- Familiarity with Federal, State and Local regulations affecting station operations.
- Knowledge of power plant operation
- Proven ability to communicate technical information to plant personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead and manage staff, influencing results through others.
- May require work during off hours as needed.
- Ability to physically conduct detailed audit/inspection of facilities.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
The content below is intended to describe the general type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
|Job Category||Admin & Clerical, Business Administration, Communication, Engineering, Environmental, Management, Project Management, Science & Biotech, Supervision|