The Component Sourcing Specialist is responsible to implement sourcing plans and tactics, to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to their assigned portfolio, to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan in the GeoUnit.
The Component Sourcing Specialist will play a key role in the overall success of the procurement team. He/she will be supporting multiple centers with electronic components related activities such as identifying, approving alternate components/solutions and interfacing with suppliers for timely delivery, pricing and terms & conditions negotiations.
He/she will be responsible focusing on various parts, particularly critical electronic components, and ensuring that they arrive in time for assembly and production. He/she will be working cross-functionally with our Supply Chain, Operations, and Engineering/Sustaining teams to build and execute the sourcing strategy for electronic parts.
An ideal candidate for this role is someone who is creative/innovative, has a good technical knowledge and a good understanding of the electronic component market. To be successful, this person will need to be proactive, organized, and detail-oriented, with strong communication skills.
The sourcing specialist will also participate in improving the processes and procedures that currently exist within the procurement framework.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Source, support, and drive alternate component qualification
- Research and recommend internally for qualification/approval alternate components to maintain operational efficiency and/or to reduce cost
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders, understand their needs and consult with them to build quality procurement strategies aligned to business requirement
- Build and execute sourcing strategy for electronic parts
- Ensure health of supply base by evaluating and selecting suppliers based on capability, quality, delivery and price competitiveness.
- Create, maintain, and communicate technology roadmaps to stakeholders
- Assists in root cause failure analysis
- Partner with various teams and coordinate efforts to resolve problems in a creative and effective way.
- Award and finalize sourcing project.
- Maintain vendor master data.
- Implement sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, meeting required delivery times, and minimizing cost.
- Document the performance of action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Gather data from internal customers on the component shortages and provide update on regular basis on the shortage resolution.
- Select a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio, in accordance with a short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category Managers.
- Conduct requests for information, quotation, information, proposal (RFI/Q/P) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Evaluate current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
- Execute contract negotiation and development in coordination with Manager and Contract Specialists.
- Comply with Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or in electronic Engineering technology
- + 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain or Engineering/Sustaining functions or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of the electronic component market and supplier base
- Experience in component selection through technical data analysis
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop/maintain strong relationships with internal customers and suppliers
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US or France, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Customer Service, Data Management, Diversity Opportunities, Electrical, Engineering, Estimation, Procurement, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development, Supply Chain|