Do you have that Magic Touch? That skill and burning desire to bring an advanced automated machine to life? (Others think it’s magic; we know it’s a combination of experience, knowledge and continuous learning.) If so, you might be the Controls Engineer we’re looking for.
Our Control Engineers enjoy opportunities to experience diverse applications over a broad range of disciplines, such as industrial robotics, functional safety, motion control, PLC and HMI programming, and many more. Some of the industries Innovative-IDM serves are OEM machine builders, material converting plants, plastics manufacturing, and petrochemical. We offer System Integration and Contract Manufacturing services in applications ranging from simple drive retrofits to fully automated control systems. Innovative- IDM is looking for qualified Controls Engineers who have the Magic Touch to join us is in our mission to help American manufacturers stay globally competitive.
- Represent Innovative-IDM in a positive, professional, and enthusiastic manner when working with both external and internal customers.
- Design industrial AC & DC drive systems.
- Design industrial motion control systems.
- Develop programs for industrial automation systems including PLC, HMI, motion, safety, vision, and robotics.
- Develop and review CAD drawings.
- Create and execute factory acceptance tests for systems you designed and/or programmed.
- Develop system documentation including operation and maintenance manuals.
- Utilize technical product and application knowledge to assist others on the team.
- Communicate directly with customers and vendors.
- Support presales activities by providing expertise in controls design, product application and specification.
- Support field service activities by providing “life cycle” support of previous solutions.
- Assist sales and field service with discovery and requirements definition when new opportunities are identified.
- Review customer RFQ or customer-supplied functional requirements and assist in developing design specifications including hardware configuration, BOM, software design, and electrical controls design.
- Provide engineering estimates and assist in creating work breakdown structures and estimating duration of tasks.
- Develop and review Third Party RFQ’s.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A competitive base salary
- Company provided laptop and cell phone
- Product training
- Health insurance
- Profit sharing
- Paid time off
- Personal days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student Loan Match
- Time off for community service
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, or related field from a four-year college, technical school, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with engineering tools such as AutoCAD Electrical, MS Word & Excel.
- Experience with PLC, HMI and SCADA Automation Equipment, OMRON and WAGO products a plus.
- Experience with DRIVES and MOTION Control Equipment, OMRON, YASKAWA and PARKER products a plus.
- Experience with Robots, OMRON ADEPT and MOTOMAN products a plus.
- Experience with Pneumatics, SMC products a plus.
- Self-starter who works independently and is self-motivated.
- Forms strong working relationships within team.
- Energetic, innovative and flexible.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills
- Superior communication skills are required, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and data management skills are essential
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
|Job Category||Design/Drafting, Electrical, Engineering, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Management, Mechanical, Network Administration, Quality Control|