Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
16655 Southwest Fwy
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Category: Imaging Services
Job Type: PRN
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: PRN (As needed) May include working weekends and holidays
The CT Technologist II is an experienced Technologist who completes a variety of routine to complex diagnostic radiology procedures to include common and special CT exams of high difficulty. A member of the direct patient care team, is fully competent in all aspects of CT scanning. Serves as a mentor to CT Technologist I¿s and students by utilizing skills and knowledge to help train and educate others*. Works independently exercising sound judgment and executing above average clinical skills on challenging diagnostic procedures and patient care situations. Provides direct assistance to physicians with all diagnostic / special procedures. Delivers exceptional patient care and adheres to radiation standards and guidelines established by radiology agencies to ensure optimal patient safety and customer service. Note: some duties and responsibilities may not be applicable or expected to a lesser degree for PRN status employees; evidenced with an * at the end of the item.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
- Not applicable
- Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
- Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
- Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3-6 years)
- School Age (6-12 years)
- Adolescence (12-18 years)
- Young Adult (19-40 Years)
- Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
- Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II.Focuses on patient/customer safety
III.Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV.Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V.Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI.Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PEOPLE – 20%
1.Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one other to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. (EF)
2.Guides and mentors CT Technologist I¿s and students to help build confidence in skills, knowledge and abilities*.
SERVICE – 30%
1.Performs diagnostic radiology procedures to include common and special CT exams. CT exams use x-ray images and computer processing to generate pictures of tissue density through the patient’s body. (EF)
2.Provides care for the physical needs of patients by executing various CT scan concepts to maximize performance. This includes: positioning, physiology, procedure preparation, and technical factors. Modifies technical factors to achieve desired imaging results and recognizes complications / limitations associated with certain procedures. Proactively identifies how to address these for optimum outcomes. (EF)
3.Provides direct assistance to physicians during diagnostic or special procedures, including assisting with sterile technique.
QUALITY/SAFETY – 30%
1.Follows radiation safety standards and conducts all imaging procedures accordingly. Properly utilizes patient radiation protection and immobilization during diagnostic procedures. Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures, regularly practices aseptic techniques, and ensures compliance with infection control procedures. Complies with job, departmental and hospital safety standards, practices and policies. (EF)
2.Identifies opportunities for corrective action and process improvement providing recommendations, and contributes to meeting departmental and hospital targets for quality and safety. Reports ¿near misses¿ and inputs errors promptly into PSN to improve processes and identify trends.
3.Ensures all imaging equipment has had QC performed as required and is in safe working order prior to use. Reports any malfunctions to management and regularly practices preventive maintenance procedures; calls for service if needed. (EF)
4.Assists with implementation and education of departmental based safety initiatives and standards of practice*.
FINANCE – 10%
1.Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered. (EF)
2.Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
GROWTH/INNOVATION – 10%
1.Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities*.
2.Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Technologist.
3.Fosters a positive and constructive teaching environment by engaging students and co-workers (CT Technologist I¿s) in learning opportunities that are valuable and in alignment with business objectives*.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved Radiology Technology Program
At least 3 years experience as a CT Technologist
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT (R)) or Radiation Therapy (ARRT (T)) or Nuclear Medicine (ARRT (N)) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification (NMTCB)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in CT (ARRT (CT))
- Registration as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT-GC) thru the Texas Medical Board
- American Heart Association BLS
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills and competency assessments
- Ability to work independently; capable of handling challenging / difficult diagnostic procedures and patient care situations; demonstrates sound judgment and executes above average clinical skills
- Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / Radiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers
- Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing work flow and actively participating in problem-solving
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
|Job Category||Health Care, Hospitality, Imaging Services, Professional Care|