|Posting Type:||Open to All Applicants|
|Agency:||Dept of Family & Protectve Svc||Department:||Regional Systems Improvement|
|Job Title:||Data Analyst-Regional Systems Improvement Spec||Posting Number:||461159|
|Full Time/Part Time :||Full Time||Regular/Temporary:||Regular|
|Job Location:||5403 AVE N||City:||ROSENBERG|
|Other Locations:||AUSTIN, HOUSTON, CONROE, ROSENBERG, AUSTIN|
|Contact:||AccessHR Service Center||Telephone:||888-894-4747|
|Salary Range:||$4,598.66 – $5,416.67||Salary Group:||B23|
The Regional Systems Improvement Specialist will be part of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Office of Data and Systems Improvement (DSI) and report to the Manager of Regional Systems Improvement. The Office of Data and Systems Improvement works to build a preeminent system for protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse, neglect and exploitation by partnering with DFPS leadership to continuously and proactively improve the agency’s processes, practices, and functioning to ensure optimal outcomes for the people the agency serves.
The Regional Systems Improvement Team works with regional leadership to strategically use data to identify what parts of the system are working well and areas to target for improvement. The Team then works with staff to explore regional details of the people, policy, and process to find out why particular areas are performing well or need improvement. Working with regional leadership and, when appropriate, external stakeholders, the Team brainstorms what to do, helps implement plans, and tracks and reports on progress.
|Essential Job Functions:
We’re looking for someone who wants to dedicate their talents and abilities to serving and protecting the most vulnerable Texans. Someone who is excited to be a part of an established team of highly skilled, capable, and motivated individuals. We want someone who is intellectually curious, wanting to understand not just what is happening but why, and who’s not afraid to think outside the box for innovative and new ways of doing things. We need someone who can engage a variety of people across the agency, building strong relationships and support for the work of our division. The specific job functions include:
• Support and coach regional management in making and sustaining needed cultural, process, organizational, and other changes, prioritizing areas for improvement based on analysis and research
• Facilitate a collaborative approach to designing and implementing process, organizational, and other changes
• Implement the division’s practice improvement framework for tasks identified by leadership
• Explain data and analysis in a way that is understandable to those with limited data knowledge or experience
• Use data to track regional implementation progress and outcomes and help regions make needed adjustments
• Help facilitate communication throughout assigned regions and effectively communicate with Division of Systems Improvement leadership and staff
|Knowledge Skills Abilities:
• Ability to creatively problem solve, including accessing needed resources from multiple areas and sources and helping management think outside the box in developing solutions
• Understanding of and demonstrated skill in project management – specifically being able to keep plans on track
• An attitude of customer service with demonstrated experience in team-building and collaboration – helping management stay focused on outcomes to be achieved but being flexible and deferring to management with respect to how to best accomplish objectives
• Knowledge of the child welfare system generally – the purpose of child welfare, how the system works along with governing policy and laws
• Knowledge of Texas CPS – how CPS operates internally, the various stages of service, how regional management and state office is structured, the actual work staff do on a day-to-day basis
• Communication skills – the ability to communicate information orally and in writing in a way that is understandable for multiple different audiences, including taking complicated information and making it understandable
• An ability to work with staff at all different levels – from a caseworker to the Regional Director and Director of Field
• Data analysis skills – ability to understand and conduct basic data analysis
• An understanding of and ability to apply process and systems improvement principles
|Registration or Licensure Requirements:
|Initial Selection Criteria:
Ability to travel (up to 40%)
Experience organizing and leading workgroups and facilitating meetings
Experience communicating with individuals of differing levels of experience, knowledge, and authority
Experience implementing process, organizational, policy, and other systems level change
Experience in basic data analysis and use of Excel at minimum
Experience with SQL and/or an analytics tool such as SAS, STATA, SPSS, R or python preferred.
Note: Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include, but not limited to: 35F, IT, 23, 02111, 8E000. All active duty military, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if qualified to fill this position. For more information see the Texas State Auditor’s Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
Note: There are no direct military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position. All active duty, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply. For more information, see the Texas State Auditor’s Military Crosswalk here.
|HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form – Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Communication, Data Management, Management|