Salary $41,766.00 – $52,208.00 Annually
Location MISSOURI CITY, TX
Job Type Full Time
Department TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION
Job Number 0601-12
Closing date and time Continuous
- This is a full-time (Professionals) position in the City’s Innovation and Technology Department. An individual in this position will provide high level technical support for the department. Maintain desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions. Reporting relationship: IT Manager.
- Examples of Work
- Provide high level technical assistance and support for incoming issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware to the end user’s satisfaction;
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk or over the phone and process first-in first-out based on priority;
- Communication with customers: inquiring to understand the issue, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes;
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings for the local workstation;
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk inventory software and Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses through inventory system;
- Document and update internal procedures and create training manuals;
- Assist with on boarding of new users and conduct orientation;
- Ensure each workstation has a functional computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment;
- Operate and test functionality of all AV and integrated conference rooms. Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers, and Displays.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software. Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software;
- Intermediate technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, VPN and security;
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory;
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required;
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Subject to 24 hour recall.
- Education, Experience, or Certification
- Knowledge of computer software, operating systems, hardware and networking. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. A minimum of five (5) years related professional experience as a helpdesk/desktop support staff desired.
- Supplemental Information
- The Department of Human Resources & Organizational Development may consider an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- City of Missouri City
- (281) 403-8500
1522 Texas Parkway
Missouri City, Texas, 77489
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Document Control, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Inventory Control, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Network Administration, Office Assistance, Project Management, Public Relations, Repair/Maintenance, Software Development, Supervision|