(Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis. In order to accomplish this, regular attendance MUST be maintained. This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent. The incumbent is expected to perform other related duties, as assigned.)
• Acts as software support to the entire District, providing technical assistance.
• Responds to a user’s requests for service and determines the nature and extent of support needed. Provides support or refers to the appropriate staff member.
• Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range of software used throughout the District. Performs hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed.
• Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users.
• Must understand installation, configuration, and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking, and accessory equipment.
• Requires experience with personal computer equipment. Must have advanced personal computer word processing, spreadsheet, and databases.
• Conduct all public contacts in a friendly, courteous, consistent and professional manner at all times.
• Performs other tasks and assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
• Associates Degree in the computer-related field plus two years of relevant experience.
• Ability to independently perform all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively.
• Strong communication and training skills and be able to communicate technical information to non-technical users
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Business Administration, Communication, Computer Science, Customer Service, Data Management, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Network Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Software Development|