- Requisition ID
- Business Area
- Global Shared Services
- Accounting, Finance & Controlling
- Posting Position Type
- Permanent Employee
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Global Shared Services is seeking a Direct Tax Manager. We are looking for professionals with confidence and a proactive attitude towards problem-solving. Our ideal candidate enjoys interaction with others, is dedicated to building positive working relationships, and takes pride in delivering results of high quality towards customers.
You are independent, yet collaborate well with others, who perceive you as a team player. You take a diligent and pragmatic approach towards tasks, have a high resilience, prioritize well and show a positive attitude when delivering results under pressure.
As a tax advisor in our team, you will work with dedicated and competent colleagues in an exciting and international environment. Every day, you will be exposed to challenging tasks and a wide range of customers. Join us, and you will have great opportunities to make an impact.
This position will be based out of our Katy, TX office.
Tasks May Include
- Provide tax support on a wide range of topics and you will work in direct contact with managers and employees at all levels within all business fields in relation to areas such as:
- First point of contact for all tax relevant issues for North American legal entities (USA, Canada and Mexico primarily)
- Manage and support preparation of annual corporate income tax returns and/or review of tax returns
- Manage transfer pricing documentation in collaboration with external advisor and Group Tax
- Analysis and assessment of all tax relevant aspects in the relevant group of companies, incl. international tax law (DTAs, Transfer Pricing, etc.)
- Support with the monthly, quarterly corporate income tax reporting performed as well as with the annual closing requirements under IFRS and statutory accounting.
- Prepare and review the calculation of the current and deferred tax positions.
- Monitor and review (cross-border) proposals and contracts on their tax merits and align with the Group Tax department if necessary
- Respond to ad hoc and project related questions in support of Business Area operational projects
- Closely monitor changes to tax legislation across the region and advise impact on DNV GL’s business within the region and implementation of changes as a result of new tax legislation.
- Support with identifying opportunities to optimize DNV GL´s tax positions in the relevant region, mitigate tax risks and generate process improvements.
- Develop and improve the existing Tax Compliance Management System and accounting related tools, etc.
- Maintain strong relationships with, and act as main point of contact for, the Tax Authorities
- Management of tax audits initiated by tax authorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; candidates with other Tax degrees and relevant working experience will also be considered
- Current CPA license
- Minimum 5 years´ relevant working experience; prior Big 4 experience or international business environment will be advantageous
- Experience preparing corporate income tax return required
- Experience working with Oracle is desired
- Hands on experience working with multistate tax returns required
- Proficient knowledge of international tax aspects and US tax principles
- Demonstrable commercial understanding
- Experience with industries such as maritime, oil & gas, energy, business assurance and/or software is advantageous
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to speak Spanish is advantageous
- We conduct background check and drug screen
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Applied Mathematics, Data Management, Finance|