The Director of Finance is under the direction of the Chief Appraiser. This position is responsible for providing financial services in an accurate, efficient, ethical, and innovative manner by building a bond of trust in accordance with best-recognized practices and principles of governmental finance. The Director will manage and direct the financial information systems for the District by preparing financial reports that analyze the cost of district operations and revenues generated; coordinates the compilation of fiscal information to outline the District’s financial position for fund disbursements, interest earnings, and projected revenues based upon past, present, and future operations.
(Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis. In order to accomplish this, regular attendance MUST be maintained. This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent. The incumbent is expected to perform other related duties, as assigned.)
• Supervise and train business and finance staff.
• Directing financial planning and strategy.
• Analyzing and reporting on financial performance.
• Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
• Developing and implementing accounting policies.
• Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
• Reviewing budgets from all Divisions.
• Assessing, managing, and minimizing risk.
• Analyzing complex financial data.
• Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
• Performs other tasks and assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Proficiency in accounting software.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in financial management.
• Strong aptitude for math.
• An analytical mind with good organizational skills.
• Broad knowledge of governmental accounting principles.
• Ability to independently perform all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively.
• Demonstrate strong initiative as well as excellent management and leadership skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and have the ability to operate a personal computer.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Estimation, Finance, Investment, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control|