Date Posted: Tue, 19 Jan 2021
Position: Distribution Operator
Schedule: Full time
Job Number: R2011976
Country: United States of America
City: Freeport (TX, USA)
Dow has multiple job openings for Distribution Operators at the Freeport, Texas location.
The Freeport site has 5,000 + employees and is a 24-hour/7-day operation including holidays. Dow is looking for technically capable Distribution Operators who embrace change, adapt quickly and possess self-confidence with leadership skills.
This position will work in a unionized environment. Distribution Operators are a key component to the success of Texas Operations. Site logistics is responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of the many products to our customers.
Dow actively searches for responsible individuals to perform the duties listed below:
• Load and unload product to and from rail cars, totes, tank trucks, ships, drums and other modes of transportation.
• Create and improve operating disciplines for safe and efficient operations.
• Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve technical issues within the plant.
• Effectively work in a team environment.
• Act as shift activity coordinator to the team.
• Monitor tank levels and flow rates to ensure smooth transition of products.
• Work with engineers, process operators, supervisors, schedulers, maintenance, and lab technicians.
• Obtain and process product samples to ensure quality control.
• Fill out and process necessary paper work pertinent to the job.
• Operate pumps, valves, and other mechanical equipment.
• Be able to identify and mitigate any possible hazards that may arise.
• Train new distribution operators and educate team members.
• Participate and plan special projects as needed.
• Participate and lead department teams for the purpose of meeting department/company mile stones and goals.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
• Ability to work a rotating shift, overtime, holidays and weekends is required.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
• Experience in a warehouse or industrial manufacturing is a plus.
• Loading or unloading experience is an asset.
• Military experience is an asset.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
• Wear and use respirators.
• Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
• Work in tight or closed-in spaces.
• Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.
• Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• Must have a current, valid US driver’s license
• Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. To qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes – 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later.
Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 109 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 36,500 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $43 billion in 2019. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.
|Job Category||Communication, Industrial, Logistics, Warehouse & Shipping Management|