Job Title: Engineer I
Opening Date/Time: Mon. 05/06/19 12:00 AM Central Time
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $56,264.00 – $64,703.60 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 2700 Town Center Blvd Sugar Land, Texas
At the City of Sugar Land, we are looking for people driven by a desire to contribute, possess a willingness to be challenged, and are committed to public service. Our champion employees are a driving factor for making Sugar Land “One of America’s Best”. The Engineering Department has an opening for an Engineer I position.
Summary of Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Engineer, review, research and recommend action on all plats, site plans and construction plans submitted to the City for development and improvement; research and respond to requests made by staff, administration, City Council or citizens, regarding public infrastructure and transportation; oversee implementation of recommended City Capital improvement Program (CIP) projects for public infrastructure and/or transportation management.
- Reviews plan and plat submittals and recommends approval by the City Engineer for compliance with ordinances and standards of the City.
- Reviews construction plans for approval by the City Engineer; coordinates with various development engineers to ensure compliance with the design standards; briefs City Engineer; requests variances and other special items be placed on City Council and/or Planning and Zoning Commission agendas; prepares agenda documentation for the City Engineer.
- Receives and responds to inquiries/complaints regarding public infrastructure and/or transportation. Performs on-site field investigations accordingly. Provides requested information, research and review, and recommendations for final approval by the City Engineer. Oversees and ensure proper implementation of recommended improvements.
- Develops project scopes and budgets.
- Coordinates pre-bid meetings and project kick-off meetings.
- Reviews major project issues with owners’ departments and project teams.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project reports.
- Monitors the functionality of the City precipitation and stream gauges
- Coordinates schedule and emergency maintenance issues with the City vendor.
- Provides assistance with the Asset Management Program and coordinates with other departments as needed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited school or university.
Relatable Work Experience:
- Experience in a municipal field is preferred.
- Experience with ArcMap GIS, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu is preferred
Training (License and/or Certification):
- Valid Texas Class C Driver License.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Engineering|