SOFEC, Inc. is a leader in the development and supply of Single-Point Mooring (SPM) systems, and is engaged in research involving new and improved tanker mooring systems and associated components. Projects range from preliminary design studies to major engineering, fabrication, and procurement projects that include installation and commission. Projects supplied by SOFEC include marine terminals for product import / export, turrets, tower yoke and spread moorings for tanker based floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO / FSO) systems installed in water a depth ranging from 30 feet to 5,000 ft. SOFEC is currently looking for an Engineering Application Manager.
- The Engineering Application Manager is an integral member of the SOFEC project execution management team and is responsible for overseeing, mentoring and developing a technical team of engineering application analysts.
- Responsibilities include:
- Application vendor management and development of strategic application roadmap.
- Provide exceptional process and application support to SOFEC project execution while maintaining or exceeding the established Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Maintain a training program for PLM, new technology deployments, Learning Lunches and the established SOFEC onboarding program.
- Develops, releases and maintains Department Work Instructions (DWI) and reviews all other DWIs which encompass applications managed by the ETS team.
- Identify systemic deficiencies, analyze trends and business and process blockers, and propose (conduct proof of concept studies) and implement system improvements to prevent re-occurrence.
- Maintain export compliance for SOFEC application used around the globe.
- Plan and forecast application expense, capital and new business capability development budget and staffing needs.
- Interface with IT organization as overall SOFEC business process owner and approver for change requests to corporate wide applications (SAP and Documentum Capital Projects) and infrastructure reliability.
- Collaborate with key project execution stakeholders including discipline managers, leads, purchasing and operations to assure new technology and processes meet the needs of the business.
- Work across corporate organizations (Center of Excellence) to achieve business results for SOFEC.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Information systems) or equivalent. Advance degree desired.
- 8+ years of professional experience in product analysis, design/development and troubleshooting
- 12+ years corporate experience
- 5+ years managing technical staff
- Experience is directing and managing virtual and remote teams and resources
- Experience in working with and managing third party implementation partners
- Project management leading teams using (SDLC) Agile Methodology
- Good understanding of industry standard information technologies used the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) industry in which SOFEC competes
- Awareness of C++, Java, Python
- Amazon Web Service Savvy
- Working knowledge of enterprise computing technology, virtual infrastructure, and SaaS solutions
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding the SOFEC business and EPC industry
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to identify, participate and drive continuous improvement activities
- Ability to mobilize a team to react and resolve system outages
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
SOFEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Management|