Closing 2/12/2021 11:59 PM Central
- Position Description
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Works alone or with vendors to install, upgrade and maintain packaged applications.
- Troubleshoots and debugs errors with 3rd party applications.
- Configures and maintains web applications using a variety of technologies including IIS, WebLogic and/or WebSphere.
- Performs database development activities primarily by creating and modifying SQL stored procedures or in writing SQL reports and extracts.
- Modifies, as necessary, existing code/routines, develops, and tests new programs to meet customers’ requirements using technologies including, but not limited to: SSRS, Visual Studio, PL/SQL, shell scripting.
- Supports of both development and production environments.
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Five (5) years of related experience as a Developer and/or Systems Analyst.
- SQL Server 2012 or greater (SSIS, SSRS, SSMS).
- Troubleshoot and debug errors with a variety of 3rd party applications.
- Microsoft IIS web application configuration.
- Microsoft Visual Studio development.
- Batch job creation and scheduling.
- Monitoring of applications for general health and availability.
- Administration of application security (various apps).
- Must be familiar with standard Change Management procedures.
- Must have ability to learn new technologies and applications quickly.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent data analysis, technical analysis, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of database design and development skills.
- Must be experienced with the Microsoft development stack and have strong SQL Server skills.
- Communicates with end users to understand and document requirements and write specs.
- Understand concept of workflow configuration within packaged/configurable applications.
- Must have proven troubleshooting skills in a varied technical environment.
- Candidate should be capable of multi-tasking, very detail-oriented, and accustomed to working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application’s employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Computer Science or a related major is desired.
- Experience working with configuration or administration of WebLogic.
- Oracle SQL*Plus and PL/SQL.
- Power BI.
- Microsoft Service Manager.
- Batch job creation and scheduling.
- Windows scripting using PowerShell or other tools.
- Experience with ETL tools.
- Comfortable working in a Linux platform and performing some shell scripting.
- Oracle database skills would be a plus.
- Database/SQL performance tuning is also a plus.
- Experience in application software installation, administration, and system a plus.
- It is desired that the individual has an understanding of commercial best practices in information technology and have proven successful analytical ability to assist with solution requirements.
- General Information
- Houston, TX
- Typically, a 40-hr. work week.
- Must be willing to work on call schedules as needed to support production environment
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
- Depends on Qualifications
- Based on 26-Pay Periods
- Harris County
- 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240Houston, Texas, 77002
|Job Category||Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Network Administration|