Job ID: SYS00528
Posted on: 8/10/2021 7:57:22 PM
Location: Houston, TX US
Learn more in the “About Us” section of our careers web site.
As the Enterprise Infrastructure Achitect, you will develops the vision, principles, and processes that guide the acquisition, design, and deployment of CenterPoint Energy’s information technology in response to the needs of the business. This position collaborates with senior level enterprise architects in conducting research and developing technology strategy that defines roadmaps for existing and emerging enterprise infrastructure technologies in addition to maximizing the value of our current technology capabilities.
Specifically, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Analyses existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization.
- Recommends alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals. These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to senior management.
- Leads the design and review processes for new hardware, on premise or in cloud
- Acts as lead for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, delivery, and operationalization of technology solutions
- Advises teams of infrastructure technology standard requirements, methodology, and process
- Short and long-term infrastructure architecture strategy for the overall operations technology strategic portfolio
- Collaborates and communicates directly with the business regarding all matters of information technology strategy and architecture
- Development and presentation of technology solutions in collaboration and alignment with business requirements
- Collaborates with senior enterprise architects in the design of architecture solutions for multiple technology domains and segments
- Develops and documents multiple technology references models, solutions, and implementation architecture
- Develops criteria for and assesses vendor technology products and solutions
- Performs independent technology research
- Frequently authors technology and technology related documents
- Participates in the development and execution of technology governance processes and procedures
- Prepares and deliverers executive level technology briefings
- Is responsible for interacting with business and IT to ensure effective technology solutions
- Acts as a voting member of the Solution Review Board, which is responsible for the governance of all new technology brought into the company and the compliance of major IT projects with the technology strategy.
- Maintains intermediate or greater expertise in IT industry trends and best practices, and incorporates them into the Information Technology Strategy & architectural needs
- Develops in conjunction with senior level architects the Innovation initiatives and opportunities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; In lieu of a degree, six (6) years of information technology experience will be considered.
- Strong expertise in design and implementation of technology strategy, models and architecture
- Four to six years’ experience in overseeing, management, and delivering infrastructure solutions
- Experience with technology frameworks
- Architecture Certification preferred (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.)
- Certifications in HPE technology, IBM, VMware, and Cisco Network are highly desirable
Job Location: Houston, TX
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
|Job Category||Analytical, Architecture, Computer Science, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Network Administration, Project Management, Research Development, Security|