- Position Description
- The Enterprise System Administrator Provides County level technical expertise concerning physical security, industrial security, and information security.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Develops solutions and conveys to internal and external customers.
- Provides industrial security guidance to contractors.
- Monitors security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
- Conducts risk management surveys and renders recommendations and makes recommendations on security violations.
- Provides guidance to internal and external customers, in implementing security requirements.
- Updates and maintains appropriate records (e.g. database and hardcopy) of classification decisions, recommendations, etc.
- Conducts inspections and performs staff assistance visits, as required.
- Liaises with members of the County and other officials as required to keep abreast of current issues. Prepares and delivers briefings to internal and external customers
- Prepares various forms of correspondence, as well as provide assistance with oversight, guidance, and program implementation.
- Provides system capability and skills for program and implementation of the County’s Security Management System (SMS) (e.g. badging, CCTV, alarm, etc.) to ensure operational readiness of the systems at all Harris County locations.
- Information Security System officer/manager assist for the SMS and perform required functions.
- Performs risk assessments and provide security oversight and technical direction on AIS systems, networks, and media devices.
- Liaises with members of Law enforcement and other officials as required to and insofar as protocol permits.
- Leads special projects, such as development of new access badges, mass records updates, or re-badging.
- Conducts risk management surveys and render impact statements or recommendations when deviations to standards are appropriate and fully justified.
- Maintains and/or update security plans, as-built drawings, and other required documentation.
- Prepares and deliver briefings to internal and external customers; prepare various forms of correspondence as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application’s employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent from an accredited educational institution.
- Three (3) years of work experience with physical security technologies (i.e. Access Control, Intrusion and Surveillance Camera systems), or a closely related field.
Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check that includes being fingerprinted. This applies to any position with network access to CJI (Criminal Justice Information) systems or access to an area where CJI is received, maintained, or stored either manually or electronically (i.e. custodian, maintenance).
- Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Felony.
- Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Class A Misdemeanor.
- Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for a Class B Misdemeanor if within the previous 10 years.
- Open arrest for any criminal offense (Felony or Misdemeanor).
- Family Violence conviction.
- Associates degree.
- Five (5) years of work experience with physical security technologies or a closely related field:
- Experience with Honeywell systems.
- General Information
- 40 Hours per Week / Monday – Friday
- Works more than forty hours during the workweek, weekends, or 24 hours when On-Call.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
- Depends on Qualifications
- Based on 26-Pay Periods
- Harris County
1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240
Houston, Texas, 77002
|Job Category||Business Administration, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Mechanical, Security|