MISSOURI CITY, TX
- This is a full-time, Officials and Managers position, reporting to the City Manager. The incumbent works closely with area economic development communities and other staff to promote the business and economic development interests of the City.
- Examples of Work
- • Recruit commercial and industrial business developers through targeted marketing; meetings with developers, brokers, retailers and others business to encourage business development opportunities in the City of Missouri City;
• Provide professional economic development advice; may assist in the application and permitting policy and procedure development, and may serve as an advocate for economic development associated with the City’s Comprehensive Plan, zoning ordinances, and goals;
• Identify, pursue and secure economic development opportunities and negotiations with industry representatives to encourage business development in the City of Missouri City;
• Answer questions from prospective business partners on available properties in the City; zoning policies and processes as requested or as necessary to make business decisions;
• Organize activities; prepare solicitation letters to local and national businesses, including retailers; prepare information packets for distribution to perspective business clients; and prepare proposals for specific businesses targeted for location to the City of Missouri City;
• Implement economic development programs from researching state and federal economic development programs; monitor ordinances or legislation; recommend policy or program changes to the City Manager to increase effectiveness and efficiencies of the City’s economic development initiatives;
• Partner with the City’s Communications Department to inform the residents of impending strategies or activities that may impact the Missouri City community; makes presentations to City Council, private or public partners to encourage local business development;
• Research, develop and distribute economic development data and reports; prepare and maintain updated statistical data on related business & industry;
• May lead negotiations on business partnerships or development agreements for commercial and industrial business development in the City, which may include tax abatement options, Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone agreements or similar business development incentives; monitors agreements for compliance with state, local and/or federal regulations;
• Perform other related duties as assigned;
• Subject to 24 hour recall.
- Education, Experience, or Certification
- A Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited college or university in Economics, Business Administration, Marketing or a closely related field and a minimum of four years of relevant professional experience are required.
- Supplemental Information
- The Department of Human Resources & Organizational Development may consider an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Business Administration, Sales & Marketing|