- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Administrative Services, Ltd
- Job ID
Independently performs accounting activities for large engineering or construction projects.
May be required to supervise 1 or more lesser experienced accountants and/or related field staff.
Requires a 4 year degree in Accounting or related functional area and/or equivalent knowledge/experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 – 5 years of experience in Accounting
- Public accounting firm experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred
- Oracle/Excel experience a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Month-end financial close processes to include preparation of accruals, and variance explanations for budget to actual and accrual to true-up/actual information, and consolidation of related entities
- Prepare journal entries – including recurring entries – for monthly close
- Maintain amortization schedules, prepare monthly schedules/entries and maintain close schedule
- Maintain well-documented workpapers and instructions for journal entries and account reconciliations. As part of the reconciliation process, review the reasonableness of balance sheet and income statement accounts in order to determine that all necessary entries have been recorded
- Maintain fixed assets ledger and preparation of monthly depreciation schedules/entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts in a timely fashion including intercompany balances; resolve reconciling items in a timely manner
- Compare the actual results to prior period and budgeted results and provide variance explanations on a monthly basis
- Analyze monthly and year-end financial data to ensure that it is recorded accurately, in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in reviewing or preparing ancillary audit schedules and footnotes
- Research and resolve accounting transaction questions in an agreed upon timeframe
- Maintain and adhere to accounting principles, practices and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”), company policies, and industry practices
- Experience with M&A is helpful.
- Other duties may be assigned
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, client contracts, subcontracts and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and managers.
Proficient in the use of standard business financial mathematical functions with the aid of a PC spreadsheet package or calculator.
Occasionally, will conduct or participate in a field trip to existing plants. This requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance. Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required. it also requires clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Occasionally, will conduct or participate in a field trip to existing plants. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, working near moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals and airborne particles.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Admin & Clerical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Construction, Engineering, Finance, Management, Supervision|