MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst position in our Houston office.
The Financial Analyst performs certain corporate planning & analysis duties of a complex nature requiring advanced professional experience, attention to detail, knowledge and competency in FP&A, Treasury, Hedging currency risks, Cash Forecasting and Accounting practices
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with corporate financial planning activities and compliance requirements including budget/forecast preparation, filing of governmental economic/operational reporting, and ad hoc projects and planning.
- Assists in preparation of the annual insurance premium renewal and associated audits. Perform day-to-day activities associated with Company’s various insurance policies
- Responsible for the weekly coordination and monitoring of hedging activities and gathers necessary information to enter into certain hedging instruments.
- Responsible for the day-to-day banking/treasury-related activities including responding to information/audit requests, Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR), and assisting with general bank account maintenance and compliance.
- Supports the weekly corporate cash flow analysis process. Gather and interpret financial data to assist in preparing short- and long-term cash flow projections.
- Monitors and maintains the company’s Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) credit rating and performs special projects as necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Economics required.
- Master’s Business Administration (MBA) or other equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- 1-5 years’ relevant experience in one or more areas of Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Banking and/or Finance related functions.
- Experience with Foreign Exchange / Hedging activities would be highly beneficial.
- Experience in EPCI and/or Oil and Gas Industry preferred.
- Experience with SAP (preferably) or other Integrated Enterprise System preferred.
- Exposure to and general knowledge in several areas including Budgeting/Forecasting, Cash Flow Projections, Corporate Insurance, Operations, etc. would be beneficial.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Must have a high level of analytical ability to identify, interpret and resolve non-recurring problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively communicate with good written, verbal, presentation and listening skills.
- Possess an appropriate level of leadership ability and have good organization and project planning skills.
- Willingness to learn and attention to detail are essential.
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!
MODEC International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Finance, Information Technology, Project Management|