Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
16655 Southwest Fwy
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Category: Imaging Services
Job Type: PRN
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: PRN
Enters data into the Medical Staff Services Information System, using computer applications. Enters information into Excel spreadsheets and utilizes WORD for preparation of routine materials. Performs general office detail work to include filing of confidential physician information. Produces, files and distributes reports to designated areas. Performs a variety of routine clerical tasks of limited complexity under general supervision.
1. Accurately and thoroughly enters all relevant information into PC systems, optimizing all available computer software. Performs routine typing, including envelopes and memos, Prepares and maintains general office files.
2. Properly gathers, duplicates and distributes physician information related to credentialing and medical staff functions. Prepares and maintains physician and department files.
3. Maintains and updates routine reports, forms and log sheets; prints, collates and distributes reports to designated areas.
4. Demonstrates excellent ph1 skills in all instances, responsibly communicating information to hospital personnel and physicians.
5. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement. 6. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Performs other duties as requested.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
1 year of clerical experience; may consider advance relevant education in lieu of some experience. Personal computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing applications. Typing skill of 40 wpm and 10-key numerical data entry by touch. Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Should demonstrate a high level of maturity with demonstrated self-confidence and ability to make decisions.
2. Knowledge of data processing and standard office machines. Minimum typing skill of 30 wpm.
3. Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Admin & Clerical, Health Care|