Job Title: G.I.S. Specialist
Opening Date/Time: Wed. 01/30/19 12:00 AM Central Time
Closing Date/Time: Wed. 02/13/19 5:00 PM Central Time
|$25.41 – $29.22 Hourly
$52,852.80 – $60,777.60 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 2700 Town Center Blvd Sugar Land, Texas
Department: Information Technology
At the City of Sugar Land, we are looking for people driven by a desire to contribute, possess a willingness to be challenged, and are committed to public service. Our champion employees are a driving factor for making Sugar Land “One of America’s Best”.
The GIS Specialist’s responsibilities include managing database structure, assisting with the development and implementation of GIS standards, data gathering, conversion, analysis, manipulation and processing of geospatial data using geographic information system software. Assists with the development and implementation of City-wide GIS data models and procedural standards for data model implementation, support and integration. Responsibilities include assisting other departments in the design and preparation of cartographic products, preparing data documentation or metadata for GIS projects, participating in client needs assessments and complying with quality control standards and/or provide direction on
Summary of Duties:
- Performs data acquisition, digitizing and data reformatting for application to City projects, activities and issues.
- Provides technical support to maximize the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of enterprise GIS databases. Maintains GIS data and metadata by performing quality assurance/data integrity function.
- Assists in designing, formatting, and performing quality checks of all data used in GIS databases.
- Supports GIS users in the use of GIS Applications, hardware, software and databases in a coordinated effort to expand and provide GIS support to all departments in the City.
- Develops project designs, application development and implementation interfaces for GIS and other systems and databases.
- Assist in designing, developing and performing geographic analysis for special studies and projects.
- Works with the IT Manager in the selection and implementation of GIS software and tools.
- Provide support for system/application development and implementation.
- Develops tools to automate GIS processes.
- Development of web applications to include interactive maps, Collector apps and Survey 123 to support City department operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, Urban Planning or a related field from an accredited school or university, or an Associates, or higher degree in GIS from an accredited school or university is preferred. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted.
Related Work Experience:
- Four or more years of GIS Technology Experience.
- Municipal GIS experience preferred.
Training (License and/or Certification):
- Valid Texas Class “C” Drivers License.
- GISP – Certified GIS Professional Certification preferred.
|Job Category||Information Technology|