Job Title: GIS Analyst
Opening Date/Time: Mon. 09/23/19 12:00 AM Central Time
Time Closing Date/Time: Mon. 10/07/19 5:00 PM Central Time
|$22.12 – $25.44 Hourly
$46,009.60 – $52,915.20 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 2700 Town Center Blvd Sugar Land, Texas
Department: Information Technology
At the City of Sugar Land, we are looking for people driven by a desire to contribute, possess a willingness to be challenged, and are committed to public service. Our champion employees are a driving factor for making Sugar Land “One of America’s Best”.
The GIS Analyst is responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive GIS Geodatabase for citywide geographic data support.
|Summary of Duties:
- Utilize information processing capabilities to create custom maps and charts based on both the City’s and outside sources of GIS data.
- Utilizes measures to ensure quality control of data capture, entry and editing.
- Coordinates with GIS staff on design or changes of the Geodatabase structure.
- Assist with GIS data gathering and compilation, mapping and analysis
- Works with the IT/GIS users to expand the use and sharing of GIS data to other departments within the City.
- Update and distribute GIS data for use in field collection.
- Extract data from GIS in the creation of reports and other documents
- Assist with field data collection and quality controls
- Record and document details of update in GIS metadata
- Provide GIS data support for the City’s computerized maintenance management software (Cityworks)
- Provides GIS support to smaller departments that lack departmental GIS resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Computer Science, Urban Planning or related field from an accredited school or university preferred.
Relatable Work Experience:
- One to two years or practical GIS experience is preferred.
- Municipal experience preferred.
- Additional relevant work experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above knowledge; skills and education requirements may be substituted in lieu of specific education requirements.
Training (License and/or Certification):
- Valid Texas Class “C” Driver License
Apply at Company Website