Requisition ID: 259519
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Telework Type: Part-Time Telework
- Work Location: Houston, TX
Bechtel is looking for talented professionals interested in delivering work that will build a cleaner, greener, brighter future for everyone.
We execute projects that create access and opportunity, build a path to net zero, protect people and the planet, and accelerate progress.
Our customers are taking on diverse, transformative challenges that will enable current and future generations to thrive. To meet their needs, we need an equally diverse team committed to driving innovation and creating a lasting positive legacy. Join us on this journey towards building a better world.
#WeAreBechtel, and we are shaping tomorrow together.
- Performs work using Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs)
- Plans, co-ordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, material requisitions, bid evaluations and award recommendations for heat transfer equipment.
- Coordinates Engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- Communicates technical issues to supervisor and/or technical lead and seeks solutions.
- Reviews/analyses bids and makes technical recommendations.
- Conducts reviews of vendor drawings, calculations and other documentation.
- Closes technical actions arising from model reviews, HAZOP reviews, P&ID reviews
- Assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and equipment count for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Supports a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Applicant must have BSME/BSChE or equivalent degree.
- 5 years work experience. EPC experience is a plus.
- EIT preferred
- Applicant must have prior experience with designing / rating shell and tube heat exchangers and air coolers. Experience with HTRI is desirable.
- Familiarity with various exchanger types – hairpin type, plate and frame, welded plate type, electric heaters, etc. is a plus.
- Preferred experience in LNG (APCI / Conoco Philips / Chart), Refining/Coker, Petrochemical (Cracker, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, PVC, VCM, PTA, PET), Gas Processing, Renewable energy, etc.
- Must be familiar with ASME codes, TEMA and API standards.
- Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, plant layout, materials, and computers for preparation of analyses and development of project deliverables within the discipline.
- Ability to work with direct supervision on day-to-day tasks (issue datasheets, material requisitions, bid evaluations) to meet project goals for cost and schedule.
- Understands engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Engineering, Environmental, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Lab Management, Laboratory, Leadership, Management, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development|