SOFEC, Inc. is a leader in the development and supply of Single-Point Mooring (SPM) systems and is engaged in research involving new and improved tanker mooring systems and associated components. Projects range from preliminary design studies to major engineering, fabrication, and procurement projects that include installation and commission. Projects supplied by SOFEC include marine terminals for product import / export, turrets, tower yoke and spread moorings for tanker based floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO / FSO) systems installed in water depths ranging from 30 feet to 5,000 ft. SOFEC is currently looking for a Hydraulic Specialist.
The Hydraulic Specialist provides hydraulic and pneumatic systems design services for all fluid power machinery found within SOFC Single Point Mooring systems. Desgin and implement automatic lubrication systems, hydraulic power units and other specialized hydraulic and pneumatic technology and components used throughout the industry. Develops SOFEC hydrualic equipment specifications to ensure all SOFEC and client requirements are addressed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributes technical advice on all SOFEC fluid power systems in use by the organization.
- Design, development and support of fluid power systems, components or sub-assemblies from concept to project delivery. Collaborates with vendors primarily on technical issues related to equipment requiring fluid power.
- Supports Lead Engineer(s) and Project Engineering Manager(s) with commercial issues.
- Develops reports, correspondence, procedures and specifications. Some calculations are required.
- Assists with project cost estimates on an as-needed basis.
- Develop product/component test plans along with participation or supervision of testing. This may be done either singularly or in collaboration with various technical stakeholders.
- Assist in development of product/component quality plans with staff quality engineers.
- Travels occasionally to field sites to assist with product related problems or to obtain application data.
- High school (or equivalent GED) or technical school graduate with Associate’s Degree in Drafting/Design preferred.
- experience required with Associate’s (or higher) degree. Otherwise, at least two years in a CAD drafting environment with experience with Auto CAD.
- Solidworks experience is a plus.
- SOFEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!