JCI Advanced Technology LLC is the US subsidiary of the fast growing privately held specialty chemical company Jiahua Chemical. In the past 2 years Jiahua has invested heavily in JCI resulting in a staggeringly fast growth generated through import of the products we manufacture in China. JCI is working on several projects to bring further infrastructure to the US as well as manufacturing.
With the business expansion in North and South America, we are looking for a self-motivated and strong desire to learn candidate to support the growing sales.
Primary Location: United States (US)
Function: Logistics & Sales support
Title: Import and AP/AR Coordinator
This position is eligible for remote work while reporting directly to the location in Houston, TX and Shanghai, China
- Prepare invoices in SAP and send to customers
- Prepare reports on delinquent accounts and customer payment profiles
- Update and maintaining records of expenditures
- Maintain accounts payable email inbox for timely invoice input and ensure all payments are made on time and in accordance with company policy
- Processing vendor invoices and match to purchase orders.
- Reconcile AP accounts to vendor statements.
- Understanding of tariff schedules
- Review import documentation and paperwork provided by agents
- Ensure packing lists, commercial invoices, bill of ladings received from vendors and freight forwarders are complete and in compliance with customs regulations.
- Enter import shipments into SAP system
- Monitor status of shipments on vessel and at the port to keep our tracking system updated, working closely with sales and customer service team to communicate any delays.
- Scrutinize customs and freight documents for accuracy and input tariff/duties and freight costs, and any additional fees and charges into Company’s software systems.
- Proactively, handle files to avoid last minute surprises/losses
- Act as back-up for colleagues, when absent
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
The ideal candidate has impeccable English, comprehensive writing, and communication skills, is organized, structured, reliable, and technically adept, exhibits high attention to detail, has a friendly demeanor, a team player attitude, and has a general understanding of / curiosity about current environmental issues related to the ocean and the aquatic environment.
- Language required English and mandarin (required)
- Driver’s license (required)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (required)
- Accounting certification, AA in Accounting (desired)
- 2+ years of importing operation (desired)
- 2+ year of AP, AR or general accounting clerk experience (desired)
- Experience with SAP (desired)
What Makes You Stand Out
• Desire and capability to learn
• “Own the issue” attitude – responsibility
• Multitasking and Being Organized
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Supply Chain, Business or other related discipline
What You’ll Get
At JCI, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new ideas, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision.
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
JCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
• Chemicals manufacturing
• Part-time / Full-time
Please send your CV to email@example.com, thank you!
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Admin & Clerical, Business Administration, Imports, Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Urban Planning|