Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a fast-paced, global, multidisciplinary design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell’s Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking an Industrial Designer ready to design outstanding branded, seamless experiences across industrial safety products. You will work with other designers, and constructively partner across the business to advocate for design that enables user needs. We will count on you to help reach near-term tactical and long-term strategic designs by collaborating with offering management and engineering teams.
· Facilitate industrial design development and implementation for product categories.
· Develop and implement cohesive design strategies, incorporating research insights and business needs that span touchpoints across the life cycle of multiple products.
· Execute design projects within an agile development process.
· Maintain a continued understanding of the marketplace, competition, industry, methods, and relevant trends.
· Carefully apply and contribute to the Honeywell brand design language.
· Stay on top of quickly evolving business objectives with a flexible mindset.
· Drive communication of the product’s design intent to manufacturers and work closely with mechanical engineering.
· Contribute toward a holistic end-to-end user experience approach that extends beyond the product and software use (e.g. purchase, maintenance, repair, etc). Attend meetings and maintain close connection with the business team and program management.
· Engage with external design and development firms.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design.
· 2+ years’ experience designing physical products.
· Exceptional portfolio demonstrating innovative concepts and commercialized products.
· Master’s degree in industrial design or related field.
· Experience working across multiple types of products and platforms.
· Proven understanding of manufacturing and engineering processes involved in product development. Extensive insight and knowledge of production methods and materials.
· Experience applying corporate branding and design language systems.
· Experience in creating low to high-fidelity prototypes and rapid prototyping.
· High-level of proficiency in industrial design digital creation tools; 3D-CAD (Alias, Rhino, Creo, SolidWorks) rendering (Keyshot), and Adobe CS Suite.
· Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
· An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design tradeoffs.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.
- JOB ID: HRD108328
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 2327 Commerce St #200,Houston,Texas,77002,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
|Job Category||Design/Drafting, Engineering, Industrial, Software Development|