Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (AOI)
Sugar land, TX
Posted 1 year ago
Job Code: SPD1813
The purpose of this position is to develop and sustain efficient operational methods for engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain that improve profitability. This position is responsible for calculating and maintaining production capacity and product cost of manufacturing lines for compound semiconductor laser chip.
- Collaborate with production and engineering team to understand operations, and develop solutions to meet Quality, Delivery, and Cost goals.
- Determine metrics and create comprehensive dashboards to monitor the progress and effectively communicate with leadership.
- Drive the projects to increase productivity, reduce lead-time, improve quality, and cost savings.
- Identify manufacturing capabilities and limitations; calculate production capacity and coordinate with production control team.
- Analyze and ensure material transactions are executed properly, accurately, and timely.
- Improve labor productivity through the development/deployment of best-known methods and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Assist accounting department with the analysis of production-related cost variance.
- Define requirements, business processes, and develop customized MES systems with IT department.
- Calculate and maintain the Methods of Manufacture (MOM) “Bill of Materials & Bill of Operations” for compound semiconductor laser products.
- Identify process tools and maintain the list of production line property to support changes.
- Develop and document procedures, and work instructions.
- Perform other work-related tasks as required and assigned.
Bachelor’s degree Industrial Engineering is required .
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and determine strategies based upon data.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- MES and ERP knowledge preferred.
- SQL and other programing skills preferred.
- LabVIEW programming experience a plus.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, planning, and time management skills.
- Effective communicating ideas using written and verbal means at all levels of management and across diverse functional teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Sugar Land, TX
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computer Science, Data Management, Document Control, Engineering, Estimation, Industrial, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Mechanical, Network Administration, Project Management, Quality Control, Science & Biotech, Software Development, Supply Chain|