- Requisition #
Provides business process analysis along with information system support and development services in a team-oriented environment. Responsible for continuing self-development along with task planning and leadership. Functions with limited supervision.
Using business and technical experience, this position provides business process analysis, process design and consulting services along with technical system support and development services to the Supply & Marketing and Finance & Administration organizations. Business areas include Terminals and Pipelines and Pipeline Accounting. Job responsibilities include system configuration, technical development and support, database configuration, data interface development and monitoring, and reporting for the Pipeline SCADA, Pipeline Scheduling, Pipeline Accounting and Terminal Console systems. Responsible for relationship, resources and project management with third party vendors. Primary contact and support for the CITGO Pipeline Control Center.
The Information Analyst works as a technical analyst using Microsoft Windows OS Administration / Management, SQL & SQL Plus, Oracle, Sequel Server, Visual Studio / VB.NET and basic networking and telecommunications as the primary technologies. Primary responsibilities of this position will be in the pipeline automation and terminal automation areas. Pipeline SCADA, pipeline scheduling, basic pipeline accounting and billing, data interfaces, and customer information management in a 24×7 real time application environment will be included in related job functions. Rotational on-call is a part of this position.
Degree: College Degree (Bachelors Level).
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is: 3 years (or 7 years in lieu of degree).
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- Requires a college degree and minimum of 3 years (or 7 years in lieu of degree) of technical development and/or support experience or actual pipeline automation experience in a 24×7 real time pipeline application or field environment.
- Current business or technical knowledge in pipeline automation (SCADA) and two or more of the following are required: Pipeline system development, accounting and billing, networking or telecommunications, Oracle or SQL Server database, and/or distributed systems engineering.
- Requires expressed desire and willingness to build both functional and technical knowledge as needed to provide high-levels of support to our business units.
- Proficiency in SQL / SQL Plus, Microsoft OS, Visual Studio / VB.NET, remote application and user support and MS Office Suite are required.
- Analysis – Collaborate with process owners to analyze business processes and propose process improvements enabled by information technology. Participate in value proposition development.
- Design and development – Based on analysis described in Part 1, develop technical designs and implement software solutions to support business process improvements. Development may include custom programming using CITGO approved development tools and/or package software configuration.
- Planning – Formulate, communicate and execute project plans, with limited supervision. Provide input for project and departmental budget development.
- Team Leadership – Collaborate with project team members. Plan and direct activities of team members when appropriate. Prepare and execute oral and written communications. Act as a project team spokesperson.
- System Support – Anticipate and investigate production system problems/questions ascertaining root cause and corrective action needed. Design, develop, test and implement corrective action.
- Training – Plan, prepare and deliver appropriate training to end-users.
- Professional Development – Develop technical skill sets, leadership skills, presentation skills, business area knowledge and independent thinking/decision making abilities on an ongoing basis. Stay abreast of technology innovation and its applicability to CITGO’s business. Gain detailed knowledge of CITGO Business processes in specific areas of responsibility including interaction(s) with other business processes.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Applied Mathematics, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Industrial, Information Technology, Network Administration|