MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Application Manager position in our Houston office for a 6-month contract.
Reporting to the IT Director, the IT Application Manager provides leadership to the Houston based Application team in the areas of application design, implementation, support, and operational excellence. The IT Application Manager will ensure that services delivered are effective and efficient in meeting business requirements.
The IT Application Manager will provide leadership in systems development and ongoing operational support, ensuring the systems are fully utilized and aligned to support business requirements. This role is expected to grow internal support processes within IT department and responsible for the definition and monitoring of services provided by Houston based IT team, driving continuous improvement under a collaborative and customer focused team culture.
The IT Application Manager is responsible for directing, leading a team working together with MODEC Group’s Strategic Service providers in areas of Infrastructure Management, application development, enhancements, user support and operations service teams.
- Build and continually improve team capabilities and evaluate how best to develop required skills (internal development, external hires or strategic partners) for effectively and efficiently managing MODEC global Enterprise systems.
- Collaborate with MODEC subject matter experts, Business Functional Leads, and super users for practical application MODEC’s suite of new Enterprise systems.
- Build effective relationships with business, Group IT and other shared Services group and ensure Application support team’s services deliver expected value to external and internal customers, and any enhancements are delivered on-time, on-scope, and within budget
- Develops effective measures to assess service value. Establishes clearly defined objectives for each measure and continually evaluate progress against stated objectives
- Create annual plan of required service changes (upgrades, refreshes, patches) and follow defined processes to prioritize, define and schedule and support delivery of work.
- Ensures effective Application and technology Portfolio Management and oversight
- Acts as point of escalation for issues regarding performance or competing priorities in MODEC’s Enterprise systems
- Actively solves resource or technical challenges to ensure enhancement timelines and budgets are achieved
- Objectively analyze strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of current and planned people and organizational capabilities and determine appropriate solutions after review and agreement with IT Director
- Supports and actively participates in the development of service roadmaps aligned with corporate strategies
- Managing direct reports, perform team assessment and evaluate progress
- Translate business requirements into solution designs and build and implement systems and technical solutions.
- Drive continuous improvements and SAP best practices in support of the company vision and roadmap.
- Collaborate with business users to gain a deep understanding of their business processes and requirements.
- Design, develop, and test system solutions to address business requirements, in alignment with the IT Strategy
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure solution designs are well integrated and aligned to the overall enterprise architecture
- Develop functional specifications for custom developments, and collaborate with the development team to get those built and tested
- Provide support to end users for issue resolution, user acceptance testing, and occasionally training.
- Sets targets and ensures that service performance is monitored and maintained as defined within the agreed service level agreements, service level parameters or contracts. Ensures that detailed metrics and records are kept, and that appropriate action is initiated to maintain service levels. Identifies and implements new service performance metrics.
- Establish standard coding practices, standard development lifecycle, and proper promotion of code to production through QA environments.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Demonstrated experience setting up new Applications support organizations, aligned to support a maturing business organization new to working on Global ERP platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or IT with at least 7 years of experience in managing SAP systems (SAP certification preferred)
- Strong experience with SAP project management including prior experience in managing integration projects involving SAP with 2 or more systems
- Experience of deployment, operational acceptance test and problem resolution for applications involving networks, databases, middleware, ERP packages such as SAP or similar application frameworks, virtualized infrastructure.
- Experience in supporting a global and multi-cultural organization and a matrix reporting structure
- Understanding of architecture and infrastructure and system quality attributes including performance, reliability, availability, and maintainability. Demonstrated proficient knowledge and practical use of SDLC, Application Portfolio Management, Software Engineering, standard IT Processes and methodologies such as ITIL, COBIT, PMP/Prince2, etc…
- Demonstrated Project management experience and best practices providing oversight for multiple, concurrent IT projects
- Ability to think strategically and at the same time execute operationally with hands-on leadership style with measurable metrics when the circumstances desire
- Ability to manage external vendors and partners to deliver per agreed upon service levels
- Ability to implement Change Management and Patch Management across enterprise applications.
- Ability to identify, clarify and resolve project issues and risks as needed.
- Good analytical problem solving and fact-finding skills.
- Strong relationship building skills, internally within IT and with business users.
- Capability to lead or execute complex assignments and projects independently
MODEC International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!
|Job Category||Information Technology|